Darby - tell me again if it's worth it!

RandyCCIE#TBDRandyCCIE#TBD Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
just spent almost $5k on ebay purchasing my own IE lab rack. those frigging Cat 3550's will kill your purchasing power. my wife is ready to kick my ass, my credit card company wants to know if someone stole my wallet and went shopping on ebay. i told citibank that darby told me it was all worth it. they had the gaul to ask me who darby was! i told them darby is a legendary cisco engineer who is known to frequent underworld websites like techexams.net and internetworkexpert.com. citibank started questioning my mental sanity, i told them to look at it this way, i said Darby is like Morpheus from the Matrix and I am Neo. Darby (aka Morpheus) discovered me and is trying to free my mind, citibank then understood what i was doing and approved all of my purchased on ebay.

Comments

• HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
    lol
    Now working full time!
  • thealphathealpha Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sell your wife and start liquidating your assets except your newfound Cisco equipment. If she doesnt understand, she prolly doesnt love you.
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    none of the women understand why we invest the cash and time into this stuff until they get a glance at a new job's offer salary then they get icon_moneyeyes.gif

i guess what you spent into it ..which they complained to their gfriends now they get to go back tell them and now the gfriends are icon_eek.gif looking at their mate ..thinking that she (your woman) is lucky icon_pale.gif

but thats just a thought icon_wink.gif
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • sir_creamy_sir_creamy_ Inactive Imported Users Posts: 298
    thealpha wrote:
    Sell your wife and start liquidating your assets except your newfound Cisco equipment. If she doesnt understand, she prolly doesnt love you.

What's the going rate for a wife these days?
    Bachelor of Computer Science

[Forum moderators are my friends]
  • MrDMrD Member Posts: 441
    Mine's not for sale...she's cool icon_cool.gif
  • PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    MrD wrote:
    Mine's not for sale...she's cool

Ditto mine icon_cool.gif
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
  • HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
    PCHoldmann wrote:
    MrD wrote:
    Mine's not for sale...she's cool

Ditto mine icon_cool.gif

I also agree, but I am not quite married yet :) Still quite young for that.
    Now working full time!
  • computerguy9355computerguy9355 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Man..i am so jealous

i can't even get a g/f.. i guess girls doesn't like geeks lol
  • MrDMrD Member Posts: 441
    It's all about confidence dude....and money icon_twisted.gif

For me it was solely confidence icon_sad.gif
  • TrailerisfTrailerisf Member Posts: 455
    Man..i am so jealous

i can't even get a g/f.. i guess girls doesn't like geeks lol
    GO rent Revenge of the Nerds... It will give you uber strength.

:P
    On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    rgeorge wrote:
    just spent almost $5k on ebay purchasing my own IE lab rack. those frigging Cat 3550's will kill your purchasing power. my wife is ready to kick my ass, my credit card company wants to know if someone stole my wallet and went shopping on ebay. i told citibank that darby told me it was all worth it. they had the gaul to ask me who darby was! i told them darby is a legendary cisco engineer who is known to frequent underworld websites like techexams.net and internetworkexpert.com. citibank started questioning my mental sanity, i told them to look at it this way, i said Darby is like Morpheus from the Matrix and I am Neo. Darby (aka Morpheus) discovered me and is trying to free my mind, citibank then understood what i was doing and approved all of my purchased on ebay.

Just don't tell her that they are upgrading to 3560s...really soon... haha.. I sold all my stuff an bought online rack time...I will let them keep up with the upgrades...
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    wow welcome back kenny we thought u had gone MIA,

Anyway you can do almost everything with your 3550s, and what I do when I can't do it in my lab is rent some time to fill in the gaps, even if you do buy a perfect lab, by next week cisco will add something better and more expensive, besides if you wan't to play with a 3560, then lucky for you I have one, my main site is messed up but the booking calander etc is still working.
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    wildfire wrote:
    wow welcome back kenny we thought u had gone MIA,

Anyway you can do almost everything with your 3550s, and what I do when I can't do it in my lab is rent some time to fill in the gaps, even if you do buy a perfect lab, by next week cisco will add something better and more expensive, besides if you wan't to play with a 3560, then lucky for you I have one, my main site is messed up but the booking calander etc is still working.

Thanks....Work is still killing me...(just brought on another customer with 800+ sites)...and our first baby is keeping me busy.......

Yes, you can do most of the stuff on the 3550s....but there are some minor differences b/w the two.... like trunk negotiation... I found this out last week.

Kenny
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    the return icon_thumright.gif
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • CCIE-4-HIRECCIE-4-HIRE Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This is funny. How are you coming along RandyTBD?
  • mgeorgemgeorge Member Posts: 774 ■■■□□□□□□□
    i have to admit this is a great story... I dont see why i didnt comment on it in the past.

Apparently CitiBank understood the matrix really well...
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1
  • oo_snoopyoo_snoopy Member Posts: 124
    www.gsn3.com

If you have had some hands on, I don't see the need for a physical lab now days.
    I used to run the internet.
  • darkuserdarkuser Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    5 years ago i spent 4k to buy a lab of 2500's
    now i need 6 new routers and those are relegated to backbone devices
    fr switch and terminal servers.

i just went to disney world for the cost of a new lab .....

hmmm i wonder if there are ccie lab loans ??????

red pill or blue pill ?
    rm -rf /
  • cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    oo_snoopy wrote:
    www.gsn3.com

If you have had some hands on, I don't see the need for a physical lab now days.

Thats www.gns3.net but I recommend skipping GNS3 because of its excessive use of system resources and stick with dynamips -> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=160317