Taking Network+ today...

azjeepazjeep Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
In about an hour and a half. Kinda nervous but I am doing well on the practice exams.
I already have an A+ from last year, and I passed the Sec+ about 2 months ago. Wish me luck.

Comments

• cdxcdx Member Posts: 186
    You got it! Especially with passing Sec+ and A+! Be calm and confident, deep breathes my friend.
    Bachelor of Science - Information Technology - Security
    Associate of Science - Computer Information Systems
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    azjeep wrote: »
    In about an hour and a half. Kinda nervous but I am doing well on the practice exams.
    I already have an A+ from last year, and I passed the Sec+ about 2 months ago. Wish me luck.

Good luck duder! Remember, go thru the entire test once, answering ONLY the questions you know & mark the ones you don't, then go thru those carefully, read them twice...Eliminate all answers down to 2 possible answers, then pull the trigger on the best one.

CHEERS!
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck !!!

Some of the domains from Sec + will help you with Net +. Make sure you read the question carefully.

Edit:
    Looking at the time stamps of the responses it looks as though you have taken the exam. I hope you passed.
  • azjeepazjeep Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Passed with a 751. Low but passing. Almost nothing I studied was on the exam. Most was knowledge from on the job. Glad its over, onto Project+, then the Microsoft ones.
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    azjeep wrote: »
    Passed with a 751. Low but passing. Almost nothing I studied was on the exam. Most was knowledge from on the job. Glad its over, onto Project+, then the Microsoft ones.

CHEERS! VERY VERY NICE! HI5!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J_b02-j5FE
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • EnticlesEnticles Member Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am sitting my exam next week, do you have any (non revealing) tips for us future test-takers? :)
    Congrats azjeep, I only passed my Net+ by a few points. Was my hardest comptia exam due to my lack of networking knowledge.
    Enticles wrote: »
    I am sitting my exam next week, do you have any (non revealing) tips for us future test-takers? :)

Make sure you take a lot of practice tests and understand the OSI model.
  • bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on the pass azjeep.
  • EnticlesEnticles Member Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    cdx wrote: »
    Make sure you take a lot of practice tests and understand the OSI model.

That was my main exam preperation methodology, so fingers crossed. congrats on the pass OP! :)
  • GHOSTRIDER2016GHOSTRIDER2016 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    A bit late to congratulate but hey welldone bro :)
  • m1xaylom1xaylo Member Posts: 59 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats, pass is pass - no one will ask to see your score sheet :)
  • sizzlinshredsizzlinshred Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, I test next week as well. I failed with a 686 waaaay back in January. I wasn't expecting it to be as hard as it was, but I also was overconfident and under prepared. But I got it this time, easy.
  • jrisbrookjrisbrook Member Posts: 41 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sizzlinshred, what were ur original resources for study and what are you using now? What was difficult for you on the test?
    Currently working on : BS C.S.I.A - WGU

Just trying to be better today, than I was yesterday...
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on the pass!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • sizzlinshredsizzlinshred Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    jrisbrook wrote: »
    Sizzlinshred, what were ur original resources for study and what are you using now? What was difficult for you on the test?

The Daril Gibson app and the professor messer study notes were all that I used to study at that time, I took it 2 weeks after passing Sec+ thinking it would be a walk in the park. I didn't know a whole lot about networking at the time. I later went on to take a Netacad class which is CCENT for my college. And learned subnetting and networking fundamentals which help.

I got 686 and needed 720, I wasn't that far off, but I was let down. And hope to get over an 800 this time when I test Jan 3.