I passed my Security+ test today.

OLJOLJ Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed my test today. I have to say that my only background is two engineering degrees. The whole concept of security is new to me and no background in networking.
I used Darril Gibson book and subscribed to his premium website. I have a friend who I have asked questions when it was hard for me to grasp a concept. I did research many topics to learn about a subject that was hard for me.
I used https://crucialexams.com/ website, and http://www.examcompass.com. These sites will just show you questions and answers but no explanation. It is a good idea to look at them to be exposed to more questions formats than your just main source of study.
I like www.gcgapremium.com because it tells you why the right answer is right and explains why the wrong ones are wrong which is more helpful. It is the companion website to Darril Gibson's book.
No amount of questions will prepare you for the test. Do know the concepts and know them well. That is what will get you through the test.
Good luck to all.

Comments

• nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks for sharing!!! :) Excellent!
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Cheers! Very very nice, hi5!
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• ed_003ed_003 Member Posts: 216
  • cbdcbd Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    OLJ wrote: »

No amount of questions will prepare you for the test. Do know the concepts and know them well. That is what will get you through the test.
    Good luck to all.

This is the best advice, ever and cannot be stressed enough. Congrats on the pass!
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • OLJOLJ Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I need to say I passed with a score of 811. I did work my butt off and since I suck at memorization, I had to understand every topic. icon_rolleyes.gif
    You can do it with hard work dedication..

Good luck everyone :)
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□