CISM certification program changing in 2017

StamfordStamford Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
All,

I have just received this from the ISACA London Chapter...icon_study.gif

We would like to inform you of the changes to the CISM certification program. This will be effective in 2017, a new CISM job practice will be in place and the CISM exam will now contain 150 questions.

The CISM job practice will be restructured to reflect the latest responsibilities of information security management professionals:

• Domain 1 - Information Security Governance
  • Domain 2 - Information Risk Management
  • Domain 3 - Information Security Program Development and Management
  • Domain 4 - Information Security Incident Management
The updated CISM job practice reflects the expertise of CISM Practice Analysis Task Force members and independent subject matter expert reviewers. A validation survey was distributed to 5,000 CISMs worldwide, with more than 1,400 information security professionals responding and validating the results.

This updated CISM job practice will be tested at globally located Computer-Based Testing (CBT) centres starting in 2017. ISACA is excited that not only the CISM exam, but also the CISA, CRISC and CGEIT exams will be administered via CBT because of the value it provides to delegates, including a quicker turnaround time for exam results.

The first testing window is scheduled for 1 May through 30 June, 2017. Registrations for the first testing window will open on 15 November 2016.

We wanted to communicate these changes to all future exam candidates within our chapter. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to visit the ISACA FAQ page or contact us at admin@isaca-london.org and we can channel them to the correct member of the board.

Comments

• Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Besides the reduction in number of questions from 200 to 150, there is not a lot of changes from what I can tell.

2017 : Job Practice Areas 2017
    2016 : Job Practice Areas 2012-2016
  • jcundiffjcundiff Member Posts: 486 ■■■■□□□□□□
    the big change is moving away from scantron and pencil to CBT :O
    "Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Doesn't Work Hard" - Tim Notke
  • Dan-in-MDDan-in-MD Member Posts: 52 ■■■□□□□□□□
    150 questions for CISM and no pencils? If I didn't pass today, I so look forward to the new format.
  • GaddiGaddi Member Posts: 6 ■■□□□□□□□□
    They have started beta registration program.
    What about the material for CISM 2017 online exam? .
  • coffeeisgoodcoffeeisgood Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Gaddi wrote: »
    What about the material for CISM 2017 online exam? .

if you purchased the online QAE database, one would assume it would be automatically updated?

dec 2016 scores most likely out this week, for all those that took the scantron exams... may that be the last scantron we ever see. some we can tell our grandkiddies about! hahaha! grandma what is a scantron?
    Hi All, I took the beta exam and it was good experience. Lets wait for results . It will take 5 weeks to announce the results, as per their message after the exam. Overall experience was good. Flag and Navigation through questions is possible. You can complete exam one hour before easily and have a review.
  • rasli79rasli79 Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Gaddi wrote: »
    Hi All, I took the beta exam and it was good experience. Lets wait for results . It will take 5 weeks to announce the results, as per their message after the exam. Overall experience was good. Flag and Navigation through questions is possible. You can complete exam one hour before easily and have a review.

Hi, does it show the result immediately once you complete the exam? only official result that we have to wait for a week right?

I'm supposed to take the exam on last Monday but the center had a technical problem icon_sad.gif
  • cfirstencfirsten Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    rasli79 wrote: »
    Hi, does it show the result immediately once you complete the exam? only official result that we have to wait for a week right?

Yeah, I'm also curious about that too. How are you going to curve it when you have only one candidate? How is the grading done if in the first hour on May 1st only one candidate finished, supposedly?

And what if I get 453 points on the exam day and then when they curve it they say: yeah, sorry you got 415 so see you next time. Or the other way around? Where's ISACA's credibility when they say sorry you got 445 and when the finals come in they say oh congrats you passed with 465 or something like that?
    It will show the result immediately after exam and official result will be announced within 10 days...