Options

CISSP Pass 10/30

MagniciousMagnicious Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
I passed the CISSP. This was my second attempt. The first attempt I got around a 670. There was one section in particular I didn't know was going to be on the exam. Due to the NDA I'm not sure if I can disclose what that was I failed on the first time but the second time around I studied that section thoroughly I missed. Now here's the kicker, I studied only one month. And all I used was skillset.com that was it. I am not kidding with you at all. I got to a 100% readiness score and then I figured I had nothing to lose cause I paid for a pro account and they offer you a free re-attempt. I failed, they paid for my re-attempt and I took it again and passed.

There were a few cons with their service. The first was when I failed, I uploaded my failed passed attempt and no one reached out to me at all. I had to track down their phone number and finally get a hold of someone. When I did get a hold of someone she wasn't even sure what the policy was. Afterwards she found out and she said the way it works is they log into your Pearson Vue account and they pay for your next attempt. I didn't feel comfortable with that as I figured that's odd to ask for my password. I changed my password to a password I never use and then let them log in and they paid for the exam and booked it then I changed my password quickly. Another odd thing, they claim if they pay for one fail attempt you can NEVER again get another voucher for life. That's odd I would think they would say you had to wait a year or two to redeem another one. In hindsight I should've used other sources besides skillset.com but when I failed but I was so close to passing I figured I just needed to study what I failed and go from there but I am very happy to of passed this exam!

Comments

• Options
    TankerTTankerT Member Posts: 132
    Congrats on not giving up and passing!

Thanks for the insight into skillset.com as well.
  • Options
    TLeTourneauTLeTourneau Member Posts: 616 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations on the pass!
    Thanks, Tom

M.S. - Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
    B.S: IT - Network Design & Management
  • Options
    sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! It is a helluva an achievement. What is next for you on the certification journey?

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• Options
    mudflapsmudflaps Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    pinksjpinksj Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the hard work. I am in the same page as you are just took the exam and have to retake and for some reason knew networks did not get that right and that is where i lost it. Got to get the concepts right and retake the exam next year in Jan or Feb after enjoying the holidays.
  • Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations!
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    Congrats! It is a helluva an achievement. What is next for you on the certification journey?
    Thanks very much and I think the PMP is next up.
    pinksj wrote:
    Congratulations on the hard work. I am in the same page as you are just took the exam and have to retake and for some reason knew networks did not get that right and that is where i lost it. Got to get the concepts right and retake the exam next year in Jan or Feb after enjoying the holidays.
    Honestly the federation services, identity, and identity as a service, and cloud computing were the killer for me the first time. I studied those topics and went back and had no issues. You should try again!
  • Options
    Cert Champ wrote: »
    Congratulations!
    I would appreciate if you could give me any suggestions or ideas about it.
    I know people knock Skillset because some of the questions aren't the greatest but if you get to a 100% readiness score I honestly believe that should be enough to pass. It's different strokes for different folks but I live by that service as I stated it's 95% what I used to pass and I felt very confident walking in. The only knock I have against them is their cloud services and identity questions did not properly prepare me so I had to do remedial training on that. Outside of that I enjoyed it very much so. I am doing the PMP with them as well.