Renewing certifications...

Architect192Architect192 Member Posts: 157 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have passed the VCP5, VCAP5-DCA/DCD and VCP-NV exams. All are due for renewal by next June.

My understanding is that a single VCAP exam on vSphere 6 (design I guess) would renew the VCP and VCAPs. Would it also extend the NV? Cisco does this, no matter which "product line" you certify in, they all renew, as "continued education", which is fair.

I intend to do the VCIX-NV once I get some actual hands on with the product, the Canadian market isn't big enough for us to have many opportunities to deploy this. Hopefully next year!
Current: VCAP-DCA/DCD, VCP-DCV2/3/4/5, VCP-NV 6 - CCNP, CCNA Security - MCSE: Server Infrastructure 2012 - ITIL v3 - A+ - Security+
Working on: CCNA Datacenter (2nd exam), Renewing VMware certs...

Comments

• blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It renews the VCP-DCV, and you continue to be VCAP on v5 or whatever it is that you have. Not sure about NV.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    For starters, the VCAPs dont expire, just the VCPs that do. From what I have caught on in the vExpert/VCIX slack forums, you now require a valid VCP:NV/VCP6:NV to be able to take the VCIX:NV (which I see you do). When you pass the VCIX:NV, it'll renew your VCPs.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com