VTC and FASTPASS give the layers as :-
7 Application
6.Presentation
5,Session
4.Transport
3.Network
2.Data Link
1.Physical
And describes them as upper and lower levels. The Myers has them in the reverse order and describes them as physical and logical layers.
The Myers video is for the old objective, I can't buy the newer version as it's not available to europe!!! Should I bin the Myers or can the model be descibe both way and which way do comptia see it. Yes I will download the 2005 objectives shortly.
Try til it hurts then try some more

Comments

• Options
    mwgoodmwgood Member Posts: 293
    Well, I'm not sure exactly how Myers lists the OSI, but I would stick to the model you got from VTC & Fastpass - cause it's right.

I have no idea why anybody would list them in the reverse order??

If you do that, then layer 3 is the "Session Layer," and that's just plain wrong.

Unless, of course, they list layer 1 at the top and layer 7 at the bottom - which is just strange.

Anyway, here's a link for reference - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OSI_model
  • Options
    PhilippatosPhilippatos Inactive Imported Users Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Keatron said "consider this your first warning". OK, consider my contributions to this site withdrawn then.
  • Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    oldtech wrote:
    The Myers has them in the reverse order and describes them as physical and logical layers.

I used the Meyers Passport book for my Network+, and I do remember something like that. It's trying to saying that the upper layers are logical layers because you can not "see' those, in Human Interfacing, they are closest to the user.

The lower layers, aka. lower level things, are closer to the technicians and you can actually see them, these are however furthest away from the user.

Good luck.
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    oldtecholdtech Member Posts: 103
    Thanks for the link.
    Try til it hurts then try some more