Options

Coming editions of study materials

curraheecurrahee Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

I plan to purchase some common used materials for CISSP study.

Since I have no urgency in doing the exam, before buying the books I wonder if there is any close release of next editions in any of them.

Do you happen to know how often are these books normally reedited or have any expectations about new releases to come?
  • Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CISSP CBK, 4th Edition (By Adam Gordon & Javvad Malik)
  • CISSP All-in-One Exam Guide, 7th Edition (By Shon Harris & Fernando Maymí)
  • CISSP (ISC)2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional Official Study Guide, 7th Edition (Sybex; By James M. Stewart, Mike Chapple & Darril Gibson)
  • CISSP Study Guide, 3rd Edition (By Eric Conrad, Seth Misenar & Joshua Feldman)
  • CISSP Official (ISC)2 Practice Tests, 1st Edition (By Mike Chapple & David Seidl)

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    trueshrewkmctrueshrewkmc Member Posts: 107
    This seems like analysis you could do yourself or intell you could gather by contacting the publishers of the books listed.

Shon Harris died in 2014, so she has not written anything since that time. The 1st edition of the Chapple & Seidl came out c. July 2016. Since this book has only been published once, who knows when the next edition will be released?

It would make more sense to ask how often the CISSP domains are revised. Exam revisions are usually what drive the release of new exam prep books. Every 2-3 years would be my guess based on the interval between the 2 most recent domain revisions.

The more CISSP books you study and the longer you drag out the study process, the less likely you are to pass the exam. After awhile the volume of material to study for CISSP becomes too much to retain and you start forgetting it. CISSP should definitely not be a person's first IT security exam either.
  • Options
    curraheecurrahee Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for your response trueshrewkmc