Options

ROUTE OCG Examples

azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
Slowly working through the ROUTE OCG and doing all the examples in UNL. However getting increasingly frustrated with all the typos (text/output shows one thing, diagrams show something else) and configuration "assumptions" that only the author knows, that are at best "hinted" at, and at worst "in the authors head". Makes it a challenge to reproduce the example...

Have checked the CD and Cisco Press...no joy...are there base-line configs for all nodes in all examples out there somewhere?

Comments

• Options
    koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yeah the OCG definitely has a rushed feel to it. If you haven't already done so pick up the FLG, the Simplified book, and the Simplified lab book. That's all the hands-on experience you should need.
  • Options
    negru_tudornegru_tudor Member Posts: 473 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Lol ... switch is more or less the same :) dis gon b gud
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
    [X] CCNP Switch 300-115 [X] CCNP Route 300-101 [X] CCNP Tshoot 300-135
    [ ] LPIC1-101 [ ] LPIC1-102 (wishful thinking)
  • Options
    azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    koz24 wrote: »
    Yeah the OCG definitely has a rushed feel to it. If you haven't already done so pick up the FLG, the Simplified book, and the Simplified lab book. That's all the hands-on experience you should need.

LOL...rushed? Hardly...Just did a side-by side compare of my ROUTEv2 OCG (2014) and the older ROUTEv1 OCG (2010), looking at redistribution with multiple points of redistribution section. In most cases the two are word for word the same, no errors (in this case) corrected, and I doubt the rest of the book would be much different...just add the new material, remove the old, and leave the rest as is, errors and all.

Already have the Simplified ebooks, just taking a closer look now.
  • Options
    shortstop20shortstop20 Member Posts: 161 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I didn't get a rushed feel at all from the OCG and I think the book is fine once you correct everything as published in the errata, which is tiresome, no doubt.
    CCNA Security - 6/11/2018
    CCNP TShoot - 3/7/2018
    CCNP Route - 1/31/2018
    CCNP Switch - 12/10/2015
    CCNA R/S - 1/14/2015