CISSP Experience

ankurj.hazarikaankurj.hazarika Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi Team- I have a total of 3.5 years of experience in BCP and 2 years of experience in Security Risk Management. Am i qualified to take the exam?

Comments

• mudflapsmudflaps Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    By the isc2 definition, yes
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Lets see... do you have the experience they ask for? www.isc2.org/cissp-professional-experience.aspx

Titles really don't tell anyone what a person actually does.
  • ankurj.hazarikaankurj.hazarika Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    @NetworkNewb- 404 error on the link. But what are you trying to convey exactly?
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    But what are you trying to convey exactly?

I was trying to convey the link that showed the exact requirements for the CISSP specified by ISC2. That your titles do not tell us what you do on a daily basis and no one could determine if you fill those ISC2 requirements by the information given.
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Its five years in total with one year waiver for a bachelor's degree so it depends on if your experience is consecutive with or without a degree. Given your post I am given you are probably very close.
  • ankurj.hazarikaankurj.hazarika Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I guess is, should it be 5 years in BCP and 5 years in Risk Management or should a total of 5 years like (3 Years BCP + 2 years Risk Management) would do?
  • dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think Sec+ qualifies for the 1 year waiver also?
  • trueshrewkmctrueshrewkmc Member Posts: 107
    @dhay 13 Yes, it should.

@ankurj.hazarika Yes....look at your CV as you review the domains for the test.
  • chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i have bachelors degree and security+, does that give me 2 year waiver?
  • dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    no eddo. you get 1 year for any one of them.