CISSP Pass!!

No_NerdNo_Nerd Banned Posts: 168
I passed CISSP yesterday 11/6/16

in less than 30 days I have picked up CASP , CSM and passed CISSP

Feedback on exam prep and test experience

1. This is my second time taking CISSP ( I missed the first one by around 80 points or so and finished in 2 hours)
2. Resources used ..... Sybex CISSP , Sean Harris CISSP , Real IT pro TV, Infosec Boot camp with Kenneth Magee, Skillset.com I flew out from Honolulu to VA to the boot camp( can not say enough good things about this course!)
3. Prep time - hard to say ... I took the test back in February 2016 and failed studied 30 days for that one. I would say I picked up the studying again around June so from June 2016 until November 2016.
4. Test experience and recommendations- Read each question twice.. for example read the question take a breath and slowly read the question again looking for key words such as "not" and try to do a bit of root cause Analysis on it ... what exactly is being asked. I start from the bottom of the answer set and work my way up, even if the answer jumps right out at me I still made it a point to test each answer to the question to ensure I made a good choice. After choosing an answer I took another look at the question with the answer that I chose. Every 60 questions I took a break then when I reached 100 and 200 questions I took a break. Breaks were around 5 min each, during which I would go to the bathroom and wash my face or run cold water under my hands to help keep the stress level down. I chose not to go back and review the questions that I marked, because I felt i spent enough time choosing an answer that I did not overlook any small parts the question was looking for. I took around 4 or 5 hours to finish up the exam.

5. Boot Camp experience- Kenneth was great and I look forward to attending another course.

I am currently working on the endorsement process by reworking my resume . I will pick up a CISSP endorser one I get back to work.

What is next ?

Next I am going to work on CISM then PMP these will have to wait until January or so maybe later . All of this flying around and staying in hotels is killing my pocket book.

Comments

• uleghari007@gmail.comuleghari007@gmail.com Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats. Keep it up. Can you please tell that was exam more technical or managerial?
  • No_NerdNo_Nerd Banned Posts: 168
    More technical or Managerial ? a bit of both but if I had to put the CISSP in one or the other then I would choose Managerial (Just like everyone else)

CISSP=Managerial
    CASP=Technical
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • trueshrewkmctrueshrewkmc Member Posts: 107
    For online endorsement application with CISSP endorser, I did not have to submit a resume. Just had to list applicable jobs with contact information and applicable domains for Job History. I did re-do my resume, loaded it up with IAspeak, and used that for the job description part of the Job History.