70-698 Next Monday

Dreday42Dreday42 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Taking the 70-698....read the Microsoft Exam Ref book....a lot of the same material covered in the 70-697, which I passed last week. But I'll let you know how it goes....

Update 3:44pm 11/7 - I passed the 70-698

Comments

• PiersPiers Member Posts: 454 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck!
    :study: Office 365 70-347 / 698 later
  • IntelWest2016IntelWest2016 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on Pass and good luck. I have 70-697 soon, how did you find it. A lot of people say they struggle. Any advice ?
    It was a toughy, powershell about 1/5 - 1/4 of the questions, know all about the non Windows 10 stuff, like Intune, don't worry about remoteapp since it's retired, drive security, boot options and storage. There's advice for 697 all over, AMD4EVER posted a great set of notes that's helped a few of us
    Congrats on Pass and good luck. I have 70-697 soon, how did you find it. A lot of people say they struggle. Any advice ?
    Cheers Piers, Yer trying to remember so many ! powershell commands is difficult. I have read through AMD notes which are very good. With powershell any particular areas need to know really well?
  • bbrahmbbrahm Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You need to know where to store all passwords in the OS, How to use Intune to download apps to mobile devices. The test regards Windows 10 as a facilitator to manage devices such as phones, or tablets. Understand Windows power and wifi settings, and how to copy those settings to different devices; Its more completed than it looks. Don't ignore Remote app. Don't forget VPN and firewalls.
    To me, it was a tough test because they are asking us to change what we think a client operating system should do. Instead of only maintaining a computer, its now a facilitator for a bunch of other operations, not to mention being a moving target. The test was tough but interesting. I passed with a score of 740. I have a lot to learn Betsy
    Thanks for the advice and congrats on passing. When you say store passwords do you mean credential manager etc ? Not heard anyone else say that there were many questions on this. All I keep reading is Intune and powershell are the hardest two areas. Appreciate the advise.
    Good luck today!
  • analogkid1968analogkid1968 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How was the test? I am taking it next Monday and feel mostly prepared - worried about how much Powershell is on there. I read William Panek's book twice , AMD's study notes and a lot of TechNet articles. I have also been doing practice questions I found around the internet but many of those seem to be the same questions.

Can you share with us what study materials you used, and if any prepared you better for the test?

Thanks in advance!
  • Dreday42Dreday42 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm officially Windows 10 MCSA. That exam was tough believe it or not....they ask you the same question 5 times but with the same and/or different answers. Understand BCDEdit, diskpart, Storage Pools and Powershell. I scored a 834/1000.
  • BoscherBoscher Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations Dre!
    Congrats! Which one do you think was more difficult?
  • Dreday42Dreday42 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Honestly....I thought the 698 was more difficult and I actually scored higher(by the grace of GOD) on the 697.
    Hmm interesting.. thanks
  • KinecticKinectic Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • culpanoculpano Member Posts: 163
    Well done dreday on the MCSA. Crikey - I hope 70-698 is not much harder than 70-697. I really struggled with 70-697. hardest exam I've done. I've got 70-698 on Thursday. A lot of the stuff is repeated but I hope there isn't too much cloud stuff again. I thought I'd got that bit out of the way !