For those who passed 2015 CISSP , Please I need your recommendations for a study plan

2be.cissp2be.cissp Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone , I schedule my CISSP exam in " 25/7/2017" .

my study material will be :

1.CISSP (ISC)2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional Official Study Guide 7th Edition "Sybex"
2.CISSP Study Guide, Third Edition 3rd Edition "by Eric Conrad"
3. CISSP For Dummies 5th Edition

I had books from the previous CISSP edition :"DO I need them ?

1.Eleventh Hour CISSP, Second Edition: Study Guide "by Eric Conrad"
2.Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CISSP CBK, Third Edition ((ISC)2 Press)
3.CISSP All-in-One Exam Guide 6th edition "Shon Harris"

Do you recommend the study plan for me ?

what are the sources for the practice exams "the one close to the real questions "?
what are the best video courses should I watch ?

about me

I am working in IT department since 2004
I had a bachelor degree of science in information technology
I had a Master of Science (M.S.) in Information Technology Concentration in Cyber Security

Comments

• Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Look at the many pass threads here. Almost all of them outline their study plans. No one knows how you learn best so dig into them and figure out what will work with your learning style. As for the old material, most of it is still valid but if you have new/updated ones I wouldn't bother with the old material. You have over 10 years in IT, and MS in security and over 8 months to study. If you actually study you should be fine.
  • mudflapsmudflaps Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would focus on the newer books. Shon Harris goes overkill on some sections, as in WAY more information than you need to know. It's good info, but there is really a point of diminishing returns. For example - I would rather spend my time taking another 100 questions on cccure, than fully digest every single WAN technology, as it is presented in her materials.
  • mohiabedmohiabed Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If you can spend some money then I will suggest you go through boson and or transcender. It was very helpful for me. Even though questions didn't match from the practice, but the explanations was very helpful. Again that's only me, your experience could be different.
  • 2be.cissp2be.cissp Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thank you guys for your recommendations, bowing.gif

still I will be happy If I receive more recommendations icon_wink.gif
  • apraoaprao Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm in the same boat, prepping for CISSP. Came across "TurboPrep" app on Google Play, has anyone tried it?
  • bjthajokestabjthajokesta Member Posts: 9 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I recently just passed the CISSP after coming short on my first attempt. For me, CISSP Study Guide, Third Edition 3rd Edition "by Eric Conrad" along with Eleventh Hour CISSP, Second Edition: Study Guide "by Eric Conrad" were enough material for self study. I did also have the opportunity to have my company pay for a 6day bootcamp course provided by Training Camp. The class was alot of help but I could have went without it. My first attempt, I was overwhelmed. The test was alot different from SANS courses and test that I have taken and passed. Additionally, I would recommend taking a look at the practice questions provided by Mcgraw-Hill(McGraw-Hill Education | CISSP Practice Exams).

I can't recommend any specific study plan as what worked for me(second time around) does not work for everyone else. For my retake, I used both of Eric Conrads books I mentioned above but only read the Eleventh hour(twice). Just be sure to have a good understanding of each domain and its subject areas.
  • lucky0977lucky0977 Member Posts: 218 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Take a look at all the passed threads and see how everyone else passed the test. There are failure threads as well but tbh, the books you listed will suffice. There is no short cut to this exam so you're gonna have to devote many hours to reading as well as taking practice tests to see your weak areas and go back and read that section over and over again. I would recommend the official practice tests as those will test you on concepts rather than simplistic questions, such as what is IPSEC or TCP.
    Bachelor of Science: Computer Science | Hawaii Pacific University
    CISSP | CISM | CISA | CASP | SSCP | Sec+ | Net+ | A+