Passed 70-410 Today!!! First try!!!

romevjrromevjr Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
I took 70-410 for the first time and passed today!!! I was really sweating this test and kept putting it off.

Sources of study:
Testout, Exam Ref, FreeITlearning.com vids, Created a Hyper-V domain lab, Don Poulton Cert guide, MeasureUp and Transcender exams. Then went through TechNet to beef up on things I still wasn't sure about. I think this helped a lot.

The way I studied:
I used Testout 70-410. It made me familiar with the OS and terms I didn't know. You will need more though. the test questions are nothing like the real test. I then went through the Exam Ref. I setup a Hyper-V lab for practice. I read most of Don Poulton Cert Guide. I also watched Free IT Training vids on youtube. Finally went through MeasureUp and Transcender practice tests. Not sure how much they helped. Nothing like the real test. MeasureUP had a similar testing environment, but the content wasn't quite the same.

For 70-411 I am going to use Testout, Exam Ref, CBT Nuggets, and practice exams.

Comments

• doublehunterdoublehunter Member Posts: 59 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!! did the don poulton book covered a lot on the topics?
  • PiersPiers Member Posts: 454 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    :study: Office 365 70-347 / 698 later
  • romevjrromevjr Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The Don Poulton book was pretty good I thought. It got a little vague with active directory. I thought it should have covered more in depth information, but I guess it was created just to pass the test. I'm looking at the training guide for 70-411 right now. I think it may be my go to book for this study session. I set up my lab to follow it.
  • romevjrromevjr Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks. I see you have MCSA 2012. 70-409 take the place of one of the MCSA requirements?
  • AvgITGeekAvgITGeek Member Posts: 342 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well done! This isn't a gimme at all.

What book are you using for the 70-411? I'm using the Sybex and it is REALLY light on material.
  • KainWiredKainWired Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    AvgITGeek, I also didn't like the Sybex for 70-411. Passed the test a week ago by using Orin Thomas' 411 Training Guide, a little Technet and the Boson exam sim.

Grats Romejvr. The 411 is a little harder I think but if you passed 410 in one go then I'm sure you won't have much trouble.

To answer your question above - there are a few exams you can do in place of 70-412. I also did 70-409 for my MCSA because it was more applicable (and likely much easier). You can find the alternatives on the MCSA cert page on the MS site.
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats !icon_cheers.gif
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • AvgITGeekAvgITGeek Member Posts: 342 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'll take a look at at book. Thanks for the info!