Passed CISSP on Saturday Nov 5th.

mohiabedmohiabed Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
After a long hard work and practice I have passed CISSP exam. I have gotten the email from ISC2 about "Associate of CISSP". Will go through the endorsement and Application process soon. This is a extremely hard exam, no question about that. This is what I did to pass the exam.

1. Skimmed through Shon Harris's book.
2. Transcender practice exams, read thoroughly every questions. answer's and explanations.
3. Boson practice exams, read thoroughly every questions. answer's and explanations.
4. Took Comptia Security+ as a worm up.

Here is how I was able to complete the exam. If you understand all the concepts on Transcenders and Boson then probably you can get through. I would say less they 10% of the questions were on the exam, from boson and transcender, but it will make you think.

I was able to answer...
5% of the questions in 15 seconds or less.
20 % of the questions in 30-45 seconds.
50% of the questions in 1 - 2 minutes.
25 % of the questions I was able to answer between 2 to 5 minutes.

Read the question very carefully, if you cannot find the clue in the questions they it is not possible to answer the question. Some questions has all 4 answers correct, but they want best correct answer. Always, look for the "Keyward(s)".
My suggestion to those, who wants to take the exam is learn the following cloud, voip, wireless, cryptography, connectivity and ISO.

Comments

• dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats.
    What did you have to present when you went in? I am taking it at a Pearson Vue center. All I have is the email from Pearson Vue with the order number and registration ID. It also has the usual stuff, such as my name and date/time. Is there anything from ISC2 that I need to present? I know I need 2 forms of ID also.
  • mohiabedmohiabed Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    They asked me for the driving license and a credit card. you cannot have anything in the exam room. not even a candy bar.
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Deadly-DosageDeadly-Dosage Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and thank you for the guidelines! It is a great milestone and you did it!
    mohiabed wrote: »
    After a long hard work and practice I have passed CISSP exam. I have gotten the email from ISC2 about "Associate of CISSP". Will go through the endorsement and Application process soon. This is a extremely hard exam, no question about that. This is what I did to pass the exam.

1. Skimmed through Shon Harris's book.
    2. Transcender practice exams, read thoroughly every questions. answer's and explanations.
    3. Boson practice exams, read thoroughly every questions. answer's and explanations.
    4. Took Comptia Security+ as a worm up.

Here is how I was able to complete the exam. If you understand all the concepts on Transcenders and Boson then probably you can get through. I would say less they 10% of the questions were on the exam, from boson and transcender, but it will make you think.

I was able to answer...
    5% of the questions in 15 seconds or less.
    20 % of the questions in 30-45 seconds.
    50% of the questions in 1 - 2 minutes.
    25 % of the questions I was able to answer between 2 to 5 minutes.

Read the question very carefully, if you cannot find the clue in the questions they it is not possible to answer the question. Some questions has all 4 answers correct, but they want best correct answer. Always, look for the "Keyward(s)".
    My suggestion to those, who wants to take the exam is learn the following cloud, voip, wireless, cryptography, connectivity and ISO.
  • kanedogkanedog Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□