Passed CISSP

lucky0977lucky0977 Member Posts: 218 ■■■■□□□□□□
Been studying for the last 6 months and finally scheduled the SSCP exam in Sept. to check and see if I was ready for the CISSP. Passed that exam and scheduled the CISSP (13 Oct). I will say they are totally different from each other.

Used the Sybex 7th edition, Sybex Official practice tests (1300q), Cybrary videos and the Conrad 3rd edition. Also did all the practice tests on CCCure (1800q).

Some people get different versions of the exam and some people say that the test was easy and some say the test is difficult. From my perspective and with 13 yrs experience in the Air Force as a Sys Admin and DB admin, i'll say that I must've gotten the hard version of the test. I thought I was going to fail after the first 75 questions. The majority of my study time was spent in the network/comm, Software Dev security and heavily on cryptography and was a bit disappointed when i got like maybe 6 questions for these 3 domains i read over and over again. Was kinda shocked by the 75th question i was pulling hairs thinking how many questions are they going to ask that deals with BCP/DRP.

Like everyone else who has passed the exam, remember the concepts and don't bother with trying to remember key sizes of some encryption algorithm. Seemed to me like every question was testing me to see what I would do or what is the best practice in a given situation.
Bachelor of Science: Computer Science | Hawaii Pacific University
CISSP | CISM | CISA | CASP | SSCP | Sec+ | Net+ | A+

Comments

• malindakmalindak Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratz on the pass...

thanks for sharing your experience too
  • sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • uleghari007@gmail.comuleghari007@gmail.com Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats. How many ratings will you give to CCCure?
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • kanedogkanedog Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations & thank you for sharing your experience! Taking the test tomorrow and have to say...just a little bit nervous! Any cram advice for the BCP?
  • lucky0977lucky0977 Member Posts: 218 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It's all conceptual. You'll look at the long drawn out question and ask yourself, "I know this is about BCP/DRP, but I don't remember ever reading about this situation in any study guides".
  • lucky0977lucky0977 Member Posts: 218 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CCCure didn't help at all. In fact, CCCure has 500 questions devoted to comm/network security. I though that it was a hint to study up on that domain because there will probably be a ton of questions on the test. Like I said before, I was disappointed because I don't even think there was even a question on that topic. Possibly one or two but I can't remember so they must've been one of the easier questions.
    Congrats. How many ratings will you give to CCCure?
  • kanedogkanedog Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    lucky0977 wrote: »
    It's all conceptual. You'll look at the long drawn out question and ask yourself, "I know this is about BCP/DRP, but I don't remember ever reading about this situation in any study guides".

gotcha, thank you for the reply & congrats again!
  • uleghari007@gmail.comuleghari007@gmail.com Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ok thank you for your response.
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□