CHFI "**** Sheets" available?

PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
I know with the CEH, I found dozens of "**** Sheets" (study guides, etc.) with various information that could be memorized for use in the exam. Not braindumps at all, but commands that need to be known, definitions, tool names, etc.. Just a quick last minute sheet to put those in your head to help out on the exam.

I'm doing the CHFI now, and cannot find anything remotely similar. Searching brings up a ton of braindumps.

I don't know if I'm overthinking the exam, it's easy after studying the basics (WGU classes, CEH done, etc.) or if I'm overlooking a ton of material somewhere. I'd like to see something to fill in any gaps that I may have missed. Or have that few page list of things to remember during the exam.

I've got a couple books that I've read. A lot of it is common sense (well, common sense for the industry), or extremely easy, or just a "well, duh..." type of thing. Videos kind of show the same thing.

Either this test is going to be extremely easy or I'm missing a ton of material somewhere.

Back to those **** sheets. Anyone know of any legit ones that aren't braindumps?

Comments

• plopbangcrashplopbangcrash Member Posts: 74 ■■■□□□□□□□
    According to other WGU alums, you should be good after completing the CEH and reviewing the study guide the course mentors provide.
  • PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Ok, good. I hope so. Seems to be very easy. I'm scheduling it for late next week. :)

Thanks!
  • aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You don't need to overprepare for this one. CEH and the course mentor's study guide will be just fine.
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...
  • XLIIXLII Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You don't need to overprepare for this one. CEH and the course mentor's study guide will be just fine.

I second this. I took it back in September before taking the CEH. I only used the official course reading, iLabs, and the WGU study guide. Honestly, the study guide was enough as the iLabs were informative but not necessary to pass the exam in my opinion. The rest seemed to be common sense stuff about forensics etiquette, procedures, and evidence handling. You may want to review the section on mobile devices as there were a few questions that I didn't expect that came directly from the official reading.
    Cool. Thanks!

If anything, my self esteem is doing pretty good. "Damn, I'm smart. I'm kicking ass at this!". Then, I remembered the CEH. I found the exam fairly easy and no too valuable.

Also, not too relevant, but I bought a CISSP book. It's going to be a real *****. But, at least I can read it and get the gist of everything. I'm skimming it and thinking "I know this. I took a class on it!". Just need to dig in deeper for the finer aspects of it, of course. Definitely not underestimating that thing. It's going to be a *****. A rewarding *****.

CEH/CHFI are for school only. Their relevance for a job is pretty small.
    Just passed the CHFI. Not bad. Some questions were worded oddly and some of the answers were worded weird, too.

After the CEH, the study guide from WGU was enough to pass. A few things that weren't listed in there, though. Some I knew from Windows admin classes or old time studying (A+ stuff - HDD cylinders, etc). Steganography was big on the exam. Quite a few questions on that.

It's nice to have it done and passed. Just doesn't feel like I accomplished a huge thing. Good knowledge to have, but it's just an entry level knowledge.

Time to knock out 2 more classes and my WGU studies are over. 2017 & 2018 are CISSP and OSCP.

If anything, the CEH & CHFI was fun. I studied a bit too much for the CEH, though. It was easier that I thought it would be. I love the material, love the security aspect of IT. I've got some good experience to back it up, but I want to go deeper into the security stuff. My job allows me some room to move in that direction and get more experience.
  • Frans777Frans777 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm going to take the ECCOUNCIL CHFI V8 exam this week is there any sample questions out of the actual exam ? In order for me to have an idea what to expect ?
  • mgeoffriaumgeoffriau Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Try skillset.com, it looks like they have prep questions for the CHFI.
    CISSP || A+ || Network+ || Security+ || Project+ || Linux+ || Healthcare IT Technician || ITIL Foundation v3 || CEH || CHFI
    M.S. Cybersecurity and Information Assurance, WGU