Options

RHCSA Certified!

scottctaylor12scottctaylor12 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello Everyone,
I took my RHCSA exam this past Friday, 11/11, and passed it with a score of 250/300! About 11 months ago, I worked with Linux for the very first time so this was a big milestone for me. As far as preparation, I looked at certdepot.net A LOT for help. The tutorials on that site are fantastic and the site owner does an excellent job of keeping it up. Along with certdepot, I read only a few chapters out of Ghori's book third edition. Last but DEFINITELY not least, I practiced a ton on my own virtual machines. CentOS 7 + VMWare = fantastic preparation! Due to the type of exam the RHCSA is, you will want to practice hands on as much as possible with virtual machines. I hope you found this helpful and if you have any question please feel free to comment below!
- Scott

Comments

• Options
    gkcagkca Member Posts: 243 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    "I needed a password with eight characters so I picked Snow White and the Seven Dwarves." (c) Nick Helm
  • Options
    MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! What are you looking to tackle next?
  • Options
    Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass.
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
  • Options
    FillAwfulFillAwful Member Posts: 119 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing a tough test!
  • Options
    hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congratulations! Welcome to the club. Is RHCE next on your list?
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    vuedoolorvuedoolor Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    When you say vmware are you talking about vmware workstation 12?
  • Options
    IaHawkIaHawk Member Posts: 188 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats, I've always been interested in Linux but seems like a daunting task.
  • Options
    hannismhannism Member Posts: 112
    Congratulations!!!
    Obtained: CompTIA Linux+ [X] CompTIA Security + [X] CCENT [X] CCNA: Routing and Switching [X] CCNA: Security [X] CCNA: Wireless [X] Linux Server Professional (LPIC-1) [X] SUSE Certified Linux Administrator [X]
    Currently studying: Red Hat Certified System Administrator > Red Hat Certified System Engineer > CISSP
  • Options
    scottctaylor12scottctaylor12 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you everyone for the kind words! I am going to go for the Security+ next so I can understand the fundamentals of networking (CCENT), systems (RHCSA), and security (Security+). Once I am finished up with the Security+ I am going for the RHCE. As far as vmware, yes it was vmware workstation 12. Of course this can also be accomplished with VirtualBox. Again, thanks for the kind words and I wish you all the best of luck with your goals!