Three New AWS Certifications announced. Advanced Networking, Big Data & Security

Direct links are below. You will need a current Associate level AWS Certification in order to sit these exams. Each exam is 3 hours in length. These will not be easy exams! You can book to do these at re:invent. They will then be generally available globally after re:invent. While these exams are in beta they will cost $150USD. After beta it will go up to $300 USD.

Results after March 2017 icon_smile.gif

I and a couple of the A Cloud Guru trainers have booked all three on the first day of Re:Invent happening at the end of the month. #triplecertmonday
Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

Comments

• JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    The security one looks good. Guess I will have to get the CSA done to be able to go for it. I have a job offer coming in that will involve risk and cloud so this would be something good to look at.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • MitechniqMitechniq Member Posts: 286 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I was waiting for these exams to be here finally but initially, I thought they would require the Professional certification as a prerequisite. Apparently, you only need your associate certification to take the specialty exams. It is a win-win situation because I registered for the security and advanced-network exam and the registration had the following statement:

AWS uses beta exams to validate new exam content. Beta exams offer more time and contain more questions than live exams. You can expect to receive your exam results in late March 2017. If you pass the beta exam, you will achieve your AWS Certification. If you do not pass the beta exam, you will receive a free voucher (valid for one year) to take the live exam version.

Plan on taking them by the end of the year with more focus on the Security exam as that is the role I am currently in my job.

chanakyajupudi Is the beta only available until Jan 31st?
  • chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    I cannot check that as I have already booked for a ReInvent slot. Adrian Cantrill and Nick Triantafillou from A Cloud Guru along with Andrew Templeton from CloudAcademy and I are doing the exam on the Monday just before Re:Invent as a challenge. Hopefully we pass it the first time icon_smile.gif
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

• jayc71jayc71 Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good to know you get a voucher if you don't pass, I've been really interested in the Security exam but don't really want to pay for a Beta with no idea if I passed for 3+ months.
    CISSP, CCSP, CCSK, Sec+, AWS CSA/Developer/Sysops Admin Associate, AWS CSA Pro, AWS Security - Specialty, ITILv3, Scrummaster, MS, BS, AS, my head hurts.
  • beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This looks good. I am doing level 1 networking stuff right now. Was looking at AWS certs before but just wasn't sure if there was anything that would fit the path I'm trying to go. This looks pretty good. Looks like Getting the Solutions Architect Associate is the way to go first. Hopefully there will be a lot of opportunities coming up for AWS networking also.