Options

Skip JNCIS-ENT to JNCIS-SEC or no?

JohnnyBigglesJohnnyBiggles Member Posts: 273
I recently got the JNCIA cert and was wondering if, for those that have taken both or just SEC, if the JNCIS-ENT is really necessary or a good idea to take before pursuing the JNCIS-SEC. There's no prerequisite to do the SEC first per Juniper, but since I'm fairly new to Juniper, I'm not sure if knowing more about Juniper general networking would be practical by doing both, or if the SEC only would suffice since that's the goal. The JNCIA seemed pretty high level, and with Cisco, the CCNA was required and much more in-depth, but I did follow up with the Cisco SEC exam and it was fairly easy, overall. We use some SRXs and a couple of switches but that's about it. Any advice?

Comments

• Options
    MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I was able to pass the JNCIS-SEC without studying for the ENT, there wasn't much on the exam that stood out to me as requiring ENT knowledge. I did have some real world experience on the SRX platform but nothing with routing. It certainly is not a beast of an exam so you shouldn't struggle with it.
  • Options
    JohnnyBigglesJohnnyBiggles Member Posts: 273
    Mooseboost wrote: »
    I was able to pass the JNCIS-SEC without studying for the ENT, there wasn't much on the exam that stood out to me as requiring ENT knowledge. I did have some real world experience on the SRX platform but nothing with routing. It certainly is not a beast of an exam so you shouldn't struggle with it.

Thanks for the info.