problem to make active directory

alisoomroalisoomro Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi every body i have some problem with my windows 2003 server
whenever i install DNS server it is installed but whenever i check it never run
what is problem with it and whenever i try to install role of active directory the message appear configure TCP/IP
you must configure the tcp ip networking protocol
the wizard has dectedted that there are no valid ip addresses assigned to any of the network adapters for this computer.
please verify that the network cable is connected and that a DHCP server is available or the computer is configured to use a static ip address then click next
i dont have NIC card however i have just zoltrix 56k modem i have made network connection but the problem is still occurs
please let me know the solution of this problem thanks
waiting for response

Comments

• sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You can't install AD or DNS without TCP/IP. I don't believe connecting your modem to your ISP will work either.

Buy a cheap NIC, it will save you a ton of headaches.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    That IS an interesting dilema. Even if he installs a NIC, if he doesn't hook it up to anything, it may appear disabled and not present an IP.

Win2K3 is a server, and so is expected to have a LAN connection to it.
    VMWare or VirtualPC might work out for you in emulating a network. However if your system doesn't have a buit-in NIC, I doubt it would have the power to run a virtual machine.
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    As long as he plugs into an active hub or switch it will work, regardless of whether that hub or switch then connects to anything. Good point though.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    Yes, I agree with that. From the sounds of it, I bet he doesn't have a router/switch/hub.

One can be had for under $50.
  • D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    alisoomro wrote:
    i dont have NIC card however i have just zoltrix 56k modem i have made network connection but the problem is still occurs
    please let me know the solution of this problem thanks
    waiting for response

The installation of Active Directory requires an active network connection