Any one in GTA with CISSP OR CCIE security cert and a good job in InfoSec?

I have some questions specifically about the above two career options in Greater Toronto area.
Do we have any members here with above qualifications?
Will really appreciate a little help.
Thanks

Comments

• Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm not in your area, you can ask this in the thread you already have about security. And you don't need or a CCIE security to enter the security field.
  • kabooterkabooter Member Posts: 115
    Danielm7 wrote: »
    I'm not in your area, you can ask this in the thread you already have about security. And you don't need or a CCIE security to enter the security field.
    Danielm7 - Its very nice and encouraging of you to respond to my request for help.
    As you might have noted from my other thread I have been studying InfoSec for over 1 years now and was hoping to grab cissp before quitting my current help desk job for 2 decades. Obviously I am an outsider to the world or Infosec and have some questions like
    1. What kind of jobs are available when starting in infosec?
    2. Should I jump at first chance or wait for better position considering I already have ccnp and 20 years experience in IT?
    3. What exactly are responsibilities / day to day activities / challenges of various security jobs such as those of security analyst/network admin/security officer etc. This can help me pin point which direction I want to go towards, what to expect etc. I don't want to get into security jobs only to find that is similar to that of a programmer requiring me to fight with technical issues all day staring at monitor.
    and so on I find CISSP jobs to be more in tune with my natural inclination but what kind of job I can get into to start?
    As you can fairly simple newbie questions:D
  • kabooterkabooter Member Posts: 115
    I have managed to get quite a bit of info about InfoSec roles and responsibilities but could still use some help if I can manage to talk to someone in Toronto area. I want to ask about current job market, entry opportunities for newbies with very little infosec and nil audit experience into IT Audit. Which certs to get and which jobs to target in Toronto. Any particular head hunters who can help etc.