70-417

RoRsChAcHRoRsChAcH Member Posts: 31 ■■■□□□□□□□
Just passed this morning with a 785! I'm relieved its over but not excited as usual due to the difficult nature of this one. I even spent the extra money and purchased the Exam Replay thinking I would fail the first time. I spent well over 200+ hours studying and I feel as though I'm no better off than when I started in terms of knowledge. I've been in the industry since 1998 and I don't feel this test measures the capabilities of being an MCSA. It does however test your memory knowledge of very specific order of operations and intricate powershell cmdlets that I will forget in the next 3 months as they are never/seldom used or for one time very specific configurations.

I would suggest people taking the test study the following in depth....ADFS, ADRMS, IPAM, NAP, DAC....I found myself reading the last sentence or two and answering the question from it and if I needed more info I would read the entire question as it just seemed to confuse me if I read it from beginning to end. Anyone that fails this test has a right to be pissed. Hope this helps!

Comments

• gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratz, it is a very challenging exam, especially considering that most folks don't work with at least something. I never dealt with ADRMS or Microsoft's IPAM in production so the knowledge was pretty much theoretical.
  • codyspooncodyspoon Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, I just started studying this month! I no its going to be a fun one though.
  • AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • LexluetharLexluethar Member Posts: 516
    Congrats! I'm hoping to take that exam in the Winter. Been studying but the exam seems so daunting and large.
  • sacredboysacredboy Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
    RoRsChAcH, congrats. What study material did you use for 70-417 preparation?
    Best, sacredboy!
  • RoRsChAcHRoRsChAcH Member Posts: 31 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CBTNuggets 70-417 R2 (good overview but not remotely thorough enough)

Exam Ref 70-417 by J.C. Mackin (ok but simple things like the "Exam Tips" are major subjects that this book just mentions in a single sentence)

Google to lookup what certain commands do and syntax

18yrs IT experience ;)