Passed Comptia Security + SY0-401

IQ16IQ16 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Dear Friends,

I just passed Security+ exam with marks 762. I got only two simulations, first I read and than mark review, I have some security background but questions were too lengthy, in depth and theoretical. I have used following tools:

-Professor Messer
-CBT nuggets
-Darill Gibson guide

Note : Don't rely on Darill ****, I got only 10% of that **** , Use Darill Gibson guide best resource for understand all topics.

No new questions, I would suggest read and understand all topics in depth and do comparative studies. It would be helpful for all of you

thanks,

IQ

Comments

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    What are Darill ****? Assuming that is the same as braindumps... So only got 10% of the questions out of trying to **** huh?

edit: Sooooo since you barely passed, it is conceivable to say that you would've failed the exam if you didn't **** and don't actually deserve the certification. Or am I misunderstanding?
  • Moldygr33nb3anMoldygr33nb3an Member Posts: 241
    What are Darill ****? Assuming that is the same as braindumps... So only got 10% of the questions out of trying to **** huh?

edit: Sooooo since you barely passed, it is conceivable to say that you would've failed the exam if you didn't **** and don't actually deserve the certification. Or am I misunderstanding?

Dude relax. Darrill doesn't have "****." He sells one of the best Security + study guides and has many practice exams on his website. The questions he has in the practice exams are not word for word, however, the context can be seen as very similar.

Doing practice exams is not "cheating."
    Current: OSCP

Next: CCNP (R&S and Sec)

Follow my OSCP Thread!
    Dude relax. Darrill doesn't have "****." He sells one of the best Security + study guides and has many practice exams on his website. The questions he has in the practice exams are not word for word, however, the context can be seen as very similar.

Doing practice exams is not "cheating."

Right.... Relax, lol that might be why I asked what they were and if I was misunderstanding something. I've never heard someone call legit practice exams "****" before. And didn't understand the OP saying "I got only 10% of that ****"
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Moldygr33nb3anMoldygr33nb3an Member Posts: 241
    Right.... Relax, lol that might be why I asked what they were and if I was misunderstanding something. I've never heard someone call legit practice exams "****" before. And didn't understand the OP saying "I got only 10% of that ****"

Semantics?

The term brain **** is overused. What's the difference between a brain **** and a practice exam? I would think one of the main differences is whether or not you actually understood the material. This being said, if 10% of Darrill's material was on the exam, then it's safe to say those aren't brain ****. Generally brain **** have many verbatim questions on the exam and are used strictly for memorization purposes. Darrill's material is very good.
    Current: OSCP

Next: CCNP (R&S and Sec)

Follow my OSCP Thread!
  • Klein2442Klein2442 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

Semantics?

The term brain **** is overused. What's the difference between a brain **** and a practice exam?

There is kinda a big difference actually... Whatever though, sounds like the OP studied for the exam and hope he didn't use ****. icon_thumright.gif

https://certification.comptia.org/testing/test-policies/unauthorized-training-materials