IT Certification Survey (for school)

mcole19131mcole19131 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi, I'm trying to conduct a survey for school. Anyone willing can you please answer these 4 quick questions?
Thanks in advance
  1. Your first and last name (optional)
  2. How many years in IT career
  3. How many certifications obtained (what certifications is helpful)
  4. Your salary range

Comments

• PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Not sure how comfortable I would be doing a survey like this as this is your first post. Make it an anonymous Surveymonkey or something survey and I'll do it.

You can check Glassdoor.com or Linkedin for that information, really.

edit: or check my signature... damn I'm dumb. Gave most of my info away. Plus, my profile links to my Linkedin. I guess you have almost all the info you need!
  • VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    PC509 wrote: »
    Not sure how comfortable I would be doing a survey like this as this is your first post. Make it an anonymous Surveymonkey or something survey and I'll do it.

You can check Glassdoor.com or Linkedin for that information, really.

edit: or check my signature... damn I'm dumb. Gave most of my info away. Plus, my profile links to my Linkedin. I guess you have almost all the info you need!

Nice...let the TE spear fishing campaign commence!
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Familiarize yourself with the concept of Private Identifiable Information or PII first. You can set up a survey here but just one line at a time, so that feels awkward. The board will "pushback" on giving you too much information as it can be used against you as well. No real need for First, Last name details that's why we have account names, avatars and the like. Many of the names here are completely misleading if not bogus for a reason.

Surveymonkey is free up to 10 questions and works very well for these types of things. If you don't mind doing searches on your own LinkedIn, Indeed, DICE and Monster should all provide valuable guides as to what is legitimately expected. Well, up to a point. Job boards tend to ask for the moon when what they need is a handful of soil. Compare to what your seeing on LinkedIn. Usually people keep there profiles and certs up to date, education, etc. you will generally see a fair difference between what employers ask for and what people actually have accomplished.

Reading many job descriptions you'd probably think you needed 20 mid level certs to get your first entry level position - you don't. Sometimes one or two but why settle when you can list a dozen and so ever so impressive?

Good luck.

- b/eads
  • mcole19131mcole19131 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the advice, I've updated the thread with a survey monkey link.
  • mcole19131mcole19131 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□