Victory!! [CISSP Passed]

cyzygy8008cyzygy8008 Member Posts: 7 ■■■□□□□□□□
This was my second attempt to tackle the beast. I fought a tough fight on the first go, but was 27 points shy of victory. This time around, I was determined to slay the damn beast.
This time it took me around 3 hours to complete. Once I answered all 250 questions, I was super anxious to submit due to *unfavorable outcome* from the first try. Once submitted, I went up to get the results, the proctor flipped 2 pieces of paper front side down as she handed them to me...deja vous...I thought, oh no, I failed again. Flipped the papers up and read "Congratulations!"

If you're interested in reading about my first try, see link below.

What I did differently the 2nd time around:
+Gave myself 3 week rest to pick myself back up again, clear my mind and *reset my attitude*
+Re-read Eric Conrad's 3rd Study Guide cover-to-cover and took a notebook full of notes highlighting important concepts
+Bought the official ISC2 practice test book and completed all 1300 q's <== this was the best resource
+Got a good nights rest prior to day of test; took 3 15min breakes, ate chocolate, drank lots of water

Thanks again to this excellent forum and folks that supported and motivated me! Hopefully someone can learn from my experience. Now onto the CSSLP...

http://www.techexams.net/forums/isc-sscp-cissp/122763-do-not-pass-go-do-not-collect-200-a.html

Comments

• amcnowamcnow Member Posts: 215 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations! icon_cheers.gif It doesn't matter how many times or by how much. All that matters is you passed!
    WGU - Master of Science, Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
    Completed: JIT2, TFT2, VLT2, C701, C702, C706, C700, FXT2
    In Progress: C688
    Remaining: LQT2
    Aristotle wrote:
    For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them.
  • lucky0977lucky0977 Member Posts: 218 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on passing and not giving up. I know a few co-workers who have taken it and failed and never taken the test again.
    Bachelor of Science: Computer Science | Hawaii Pacific University
    CISSP | CISM | CISA | CASP | SSCP | Sec+ | Net+ | A+
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Mazel Tov!!

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• No_NerdNo_Nerd Banned Posts: 168
    I took it twice as well I know the feeling .

I have friends who have taken it even more times ;)

GOOD JOB sounds like it is time for a beer.
  • dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! Way to stay with it. I passed last week on my first attempt. If I had failed I have no idea what I could/wold have done to try to pass again. I was sure I had failed it
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats brotha! I take my third attempt Dec 1st icon_sad.gif sigh.....three attempts ....UGGGHHH!!!!
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • horusthesunhorusthesun Member Posts: 289
  • cyberexpertcyberexpert Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

Can someone make assesment about the 40 questions at the begining of the CISSP offcial study guide 7th edition? Are those questions' difficulty level same as the real exam? I made 12 mistakes. Is it good?
  • sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • BuddysmomBuddysmom Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations. I took my CISSP today and got a 695! I remember reading on this site once that someone got a 695 and I thought, "I couldn't imagine!". Well that's me today. I'm taking a week off to reset my thoughts. I need to shake this off and get going again.
  • DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    It's a big one! Nice work, almost a must if you want to work in security.
  • wayne_wonderwayne_wonder Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It's a big one! Nice work, almost a must if you want to work in security.

I wouldn't say it's a must I don't have no Certs and I'm doing very good in my career
  • lucky0977lucky0977 Member Posts: 218 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Those Sybex practice questions are easier than the actual exam. You get 4 options for an answer and if you understand the concept, you can throw out 3 of the options. In the actual test, you almost have a 50/50 shot for most of the questions as two options are obviously not correct but two options appear to answer the question well. With that, you gotta understand the concept and go with your gut feeling. With the drag and drop questions, you're gonna have to use all the options available to answer the question.
    Congrats!

Can someone make assesment about the 40 questions at the begining of the CISSP offcial study guide 7th edition? Are those questions' difficulty level same as the real exam? I made 12 mistakes. Is it good?
    Bachelor of Science: Computer Science | Hawaii Pacific University
    CISSP | CISM | CISA | CASP | SSCP | Sec+ | Net+ | A+
  • cyberexpertcyberexpert Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    lucky0977 wrote: »
    Those Sybex practice questions are easier than the actual exam. You get 4 options for an answer and if you understand the concept, you can throw out 3 of the options. In the actual test, you almost have a 50/50 shot for most of the questions as two options are obviously not correct but two options appear to answer the question well. With that, you gotta understand the concept and go with your gut feeling. With the drag and drop questions, you're gonna have to use all the options available to answer the question.

Thank you for your assistance.
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass! Way to stick with it, regroup and refocus and knock it out.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Most practice tests I took you were able to eliminate 2 answers right off the bat. The actual test seemed like you could only eliminate 1 answer.
  • jcundiffjcundiff Member Posts: 486 ■■■■□□□□□□
    1st congrats on the pass! :)

I highly doubt the claim of PTSD from failing an exam and in my opinion, the over usage of the term and claims of PTSD from everything from failing an exam to the neighbor's dog barking really lessens the perception of what our combat veterans who really are suffering from PTSD on a daily basis are truly facing...icon_sad.gif
    "Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Doesn't Work Hard" - Tim Notke
  • dpathidpathi Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Congrats !!!

Were there questions on specific NIST standards? Do we have to remember the specific number of the publications such as NIST SP 800-53 etc ?
  • No_NerdNo_Nerd Banned Posts: 168
    jcundiff wrote: »

I highly doubt the claim of PTSD from failing an exam and in my opinion, the over usage of the term and claims of PTSD from everything from failing an exam to the neighbor's dog barking really lessens the perception of what our combat veterans who really are suffering from PTSD on a daily basis are truly facing...icon_sad.gif

Thanks for this
  • cyzygy8008cyzygy8008 Member Posts: 7 ■■■□□□□□□□
    jcundiff wrote: »

Yes, you are absolutely correct. I had no intention of contributing to the diminishment of a very serious condition (PTSD) and have changed the verbiage of the original post.
  • protacticusprotacticus Member Posts: 91 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats, what was your score in ISC2 practice test?
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□