Options

Two questions about test

ddaygloddayglo Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
1 - is paper/pencil allowed? I'm wondering about questions about subnets and CIDR and want to know if that is something I need to memorize

2 - Do we still need to memorize hping flags or is nmap enough?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Nothing external is allowed in the testing center. You will be given a dry-erase board and a marker for all your writing.
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I took the exam a week ago and I had questions that tested hping and subnetting knowledge.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    XLIIXLII Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ddayglo wrote: »
    1 - is paper/pencil allowed? I'm wondering about questions about subnets and CIDR and want to know if that is something I need to memorize

2 - Do we still need to memorize hping flags or is nmap enough?

Thanks!

I also took the test about a week ago.

1. It depends on how you take the test. A testing center may provide you with a white board and marker. I did it through ProctorU and the proctor made me use a pen/pencil and paper. Either way, you'll be allowed to calculate by hand. For the exam, you should know the basics on subnetting with an emphasis on being able to find a network or broadcast address. I myself didn't get any questions at all on subnetting so I guess it's luck of the draw. I only actually received one question that I needed the paper for which was an ALE question. Other than that, you might want to do an XOR by hand just to be sure if you happen to get one of those questions.

2. I did a bit of review on hping in my studies but I would definitely prioritize Nmap. I feel like I could safely say that you'll definitely get questions about Nmap (flags, syntax, and output) but hping may be a toss-up. I had questions like that about Nmap but only a small handful really. I think I had maybe one or two questions on hping but they were pretty basic. I think only one of the questions had anything to do with flags and the other was just a general question about "which tool would you use to do this" type of thing.