Passed eJPT

TacoRocketTacoRocket Member Posts: 497 ■■■■□□□□□□
Decided to take it since I've read/watched the material. 17/20.

Off to finish my GCIH and hopefully make progress on the CPPT
These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/

Comments

• the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats!!!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! Look forward to your GCIH review soon. icon_study.gif
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • xxxkaliboyxxxxxxkaliboyxxx Member Posts: 466
    congrats!

how was the exam? just lIke the labs without the answers? how long did you have for the exam?
    Studying: GPEN
    Reading
    : SANS SEC560
    Upcoming Exam: GPEN
  • bluesquirrelbluesquirrel Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! can you please share more information on the exam?
  • horusthesunhorusthesun Member Posts: 289
    Yes share more information... I very curious on this certification.
    is it death by powerpoint? are the CBT worth it ?
  • TacoRocketTacoRocket Member Posts: 497 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Alright so here's a short review for everyone.

I think that for the price point is right on the money. I did the Elite when it was on sale.

I paid $319.20 when the regular price is $399.

It is mostly death by powerpoint but they offer a lot of links for reference. These are great because you can go deeper. They offer videos as well but these are more supplemental. Still crucial for the exam.

Labs are a great inclusion and you can run through them many times. I think I still have 50 hours left out of the 60.

The exam they give you 72 hours to do it. I finished in 6. That is with breaks and having lunch/dinner with my family.

The actual questions are not hard its the hands on portion that will get you. There's a lot to think on where you want to go.

Full disclosure, I do not want people thinking it is easy based on my review. I recently moved into a position where I do some of this at work. However the 72 is more than enough to finish the exam. With the Elite they give 3 retakes for free.

I recommend people to take the exam if they want something more than udemy and a little less than SANS.
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/
  • bluesquirrelbluesquirrel Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I definitely need to jump on this. Will have three weeks off from school probably use that time to knock this one out.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff