Cisco Sales Certification

RandyCCIE#TBDRandyCCIE#TBD Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
does anyone here do, or know anyone that works in sales for a cisco business partner? im wondering what sort of cash a decent sales guy with the cisco sales cert can make. i know it all depends on your area, but friends I have who work in sales for other VAR's (non cisco) tell me that the margins are tight on cisco gear. one VAR i work with has stopped selling cisco altogether because there's no money in it, they are selling Extreme Network across the board.

Comments

• MrDMrD Member Posts: 441
    Actually, a guy that works for a company called Coleman Technologies, who happen to supply the entire state of TN with Cisco gear, stopped by the school (state-run) last week. He said he's a product manager or something like that, but he has the cisco sales cert (not sure which), and he makes a 6 figure salary. Coleman Technologies, from what I understand, gets more "Cisco Partner Points" than any other company. Check out the certs their employees hold:

http://www.ctiusa.com/partnerships/employee-certifications.asp

P.S. No, you rule Curious George :) Sorry, I know I'm not funny hehe
  • RandyCCIE#TBDRandyCCIE#TBD Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ha, my last name is george, please call me randy. i need to update my profile.

i wonder if his 6 figure salary is more like $300k and not $100k. a buddy of mine who works for an extreme network var has pulled in $400k in some good years, of course he has a great territory, but he's the one that told me that they had to stop selling cisco because there was just no money in it. i wonder how much of a discount the typical partner would get on gear by having an IE on staff, any ideas?
    I don't know about that, Randy :), but I know that my school gets 50% off. He just hinted about his salary, but he did say that the CCIE's bill out @ 275/hour. Now, I don't know if that is 40hours/week or widely varies, but @ 40/week that's almost 600k/year...that makes me happy.
    yeah but you'll be lucky to see half that, even if you managed to negotiate an effective salary of $130/hr, that would be a whopping $249k/yr with an average $40 hour work week.
    Well, I must say that $250K/yr would be the ultimate job of all time. For me at least.
    AGREED! MRD.................WE ARE GONNA BE RICH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Haha, your a funny funny man Randy icon_eek.gif But, I like your way of thinking!
  • DW [banned]DW [banned] Inactive Imported Users Posts: 240
    Cool, thanks for the insider info Darby! I might hit ya up in a few months icon_confused.gif