Options

Lunarline?

gwood113gwood113 Member Posts: 66 ■■■□□□□□□□
Anyone heard of them?

They're giving away one free cert for veterans until nov 2017:

https://lunarline.com/news/warrior-cyber-warrior-w2cw-initiative-gives-back-veterans-day-free-cyber-certifications-vets

Comments

• Options
    636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Any time you're learning something new is a good thing. I just wouldn't expect it to flesh out your resume much since I've at least never heard of it in the US
  • Options
    MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I actually just recently took a part time pen testing job with them. I havent decided if its something I want to do or not.
  • Options
    SaSkillerSaSkiller Member Posts: 337 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Years ago it seemed they were mainly into management stuff.

Looking now, it seems they have expanded.

In any case the certs aren't well known. And the free cert is just that, the cert. The training will I'm sure, cost you.

OMG looking at the certification training the name of the certs doesn't match up with the content.

Certified Expert Malware Analyst- Successful completion of this exam will demonstrate a candidate’s ability to develop and implement an approach to malware incident prevention.

Prevention is not malware analysis. Also the sources: SP 800-83 i.e a NIST guideline. They are training and "certifying" people on NIST documents. You can read the documents yourself and save yourself some cash.
    OSWP, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, CPT, CCENT, CompTIA Trio.