70-411 Reality check!

xrilekxrilek Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
Long story short a while back got the booster pack and booked my exam date for this morning.
To be fair I wasn't prepared as much as I wanted, I only went through the MS book and took quickly some notes from Plurasight vids. I was ready to reschedule but then I thought since I got the 4retakes and I already got the day off from work I might as well go and take my chances. I thought I would with a high 5xx or low 6xx...... Well the result was shocking, 383!
The plan was to take it again in a couple of weeks but I don't think that's going to be enough time to make up for the pass.
A lot of GPO and WDS questions. Surprisingly not a lot of PS.
Guess I'll need to find an extra book to study because I'm pretty sure some the material covered on the exam isn't on the exam ref book.

Comments

• MariusRZRMariusRZR Member Posts: 92 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I had a lot of NPS questions which I hate. I would have loved more GPO and WDS questions.
    The exam is difficult and "Where do you click to" questions really don't help...
  • AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear. The 411 is a really intense exam. You'll do better next time!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • xrilekxrilek Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Passed today with 821!!! So happy!
    Got lucky I reckon. I had a much easier bank of questions compared to my first go. Not a lot of NPS like last time and not too many hotspots.
    I reckon I'll have a week off and then focus on the 409! Hopefully book it for January.
  • alfred06alfred06 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    nice. congrats a very high score you have.
  • AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! I imagine you'll find the 409 a bit easier to study for. It only took me 5 weeks of study to pass the 409 as opposed to the 11 or 12 I studied for the 410 and 411. It's not necessarily an easy exam, but I think the topics it covers are a lot easier to understand if that makes any sense. Good luck!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • xrilekxrilek Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! I imagine you'll find the 409 a bit easier to study for. It only took me 5 weeks of study to pass the 409 as opposed to the 11 or 12 I studied for the 410 and 411. It's not necessarily an easy exam, but I think the topics it covers are a lot easier to understand if that makes any sense. Good luck!
    Thanks!
    Yeah, I've already watched a bit of the MVA vids and read Orin Thomas guide it looks like it's a much more enjoyable material to absorb. And specific to 2 subjects, hyper-v and system center. I reckon that's why 410 and 411 are so hard. They cover a bit of everything.
  • AvgITGeekAvgITGeek Member Posts: 342 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good job! I've scheduled mine for 20 Dec. NAP is what I'm dreading but going through TechNet, there are a lot fewer cmdlets associated with these tasks as compared to the tasks on the 70-410.