Any video that covers overview of entire Sec+ course

kabooterkabooter Member Posts: 115
What I am looking for a video, couple of hours long that sort of provides a full overview of as many as possible concepts/labs/chapters etc. in Sec+
A full overview, not in depth but covering introduction to all the course material of Security Plus exam.
Is there anything like it?
Or close to it?
Or along same lines you know....:D

Comments

• TrucidoTrucido Member Posts: 250 ■■□□□□□□□□
    2017 Certification Goals
    CompTIA A+ [ ] CompTIA Net+ [ ] CompTIA Sec+ [ ] CCENT [ ] ITIL [ ]
  • kabooterkabooter Member Posts: 115
    Thanks both of you. Got it icon_smile.gif
  • p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    As these two before me have said, Professor Messer was very thorough. His study sheets (36 pages?) were invaluable. He equates the principles with real life scenarios and experiences. I used his course and study sheets, as well as Keith Barker's videos. Studied for 5 weeks and only cracked the sybex book for review questions and chapter summaries, as well as the glossary. I passed with a 92%.
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
    I spent most part of day today going through the videos and I agree. They are exactly what I was lookig for. Now only if I cna find smething similar for CCNA Security and CISSP
  • nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm using IT TV Pro, there's a free subscription! :D
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    For CCNA Security, I've been told Keith Barker is the gold standard. I haven't done it yet but it's on the chopping block after a few other things. Gotta keep that networking hand strong. As far as CISSP, that's a big beast to tackle. I've heard CBT Nuggets has a pretty expansive video series on it. Granted, CBT Nuggets is good, their stuff is never one-shop-stop kind of material. I'd suggest supplementing it with the All-In-One book that's newest. My friend is studying and those are the resources he's using.
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
  • FillAwfulFillAwful Member Posts: 119 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Crybrary.it is a decent resource for video training as well.
  • alfred06alfred06 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CBT Nuggets are good too. and the book from Darril Gibson
  • 80hr80hr Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    IT TV Pro, CBT Nuggets worked well for me with CISSP
    Have: CISSP,CASP,MBA,ITILV3F,CSM,CEH

2017- NEED PMP
  • rj1790rj1790 Member Posts: 110 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I use Lynda.com, and Professor Messer.
    WGU: Network Operations and Security - COMPLETED
    Current Certifications: A+, N+, S+, CCNA R+S, and CCNA Security, CCDA
    I have gone through half of the videos for sec+. Fantastic effort by prof. Messer.
    One caution I would like to add, though, is that these videos only skim the surface. The DG book dives much, much deeper into subject matter and the questions in exams now a days are said to be very tricky.
    I will try IT TV Pro, CBT Nuggets next for cissp
  • NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    kabooter wrote: »
    I have gone through half of the videos for sec+. Fantastic effort by prof. Messer.
    One caution I would like to add, though, is that these videos only skim the surface. The DG book dives much, much deeper into subject matter and the questions in exams now a days are said to be very tricky.
    I will try IT TV Pro, CBT Nuggets next for cissp
    You will likely need to pay for a subscription in order to download IT Pro TV. Their videos are decent, but it seems they jump around a lot. I'm not sure what book they used, but I find myself flipping pages in my texts.

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil