Options

Confused at the Moment

Doja KabirDoja Kabir Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,
I work with a telecom company as a technical sales support person. I needed to move up the ladder and get a role in Network Operations Center. I had to go for my CCNA & CCNP- Routing and Switching. Currently, I don't have any practical experience in NOC.
Currently, the company I work for is looking to even lay off people in my department, which makes my situation kind of dicey. I need your candid advice on what to do and how to go about getting a job in NOC.

Comments

• Options
    negru_tudornegru_tudor Member Posts: 473 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Doja Kabir wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I work with a telecom company as a technical sales support person. I needed to move up the ladder and get a role in Network Operations Center. I had to go for my CCNA & CCNP- Routing and Switching. Currently, I don't have any practical experience in NOC.
    Currently, the company I work for is looking to even lay off people in my department, which makes my situation kind of dicey. I need your candid advice on what to do and how to go about getting a job in NOC.

Well if they're set on laying people off, best thing might be to wait it out and see how things go down. Tech-wise I'd say you should have a lot of knowledge from your CCNA and CCNP. My advice would be to look into getting some Linux knowledge (more and more systems and services use Linux nowadays) and maybe start working on a degree (depending on the country you're in, it might be the only way to climb up the corporate ladder). Seeing how you've done tech sales support, you might have some good knowledge of what customer buying trends are and what's selling and what's not selling so might be a good idea trying to improve in those areas.
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
    [X] CCNP Switch 300-115 [X] CCNP Route 300-101 [X] CCNP Tshoot 300-135
    [ ] LPIC1-101 [ ] LPIC1-102 (wishful thinking)