Cissp test passed.... I think

Jimjam250Jimjam250 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just finished the exam and got

"congratulations you have provisonally passed"

Really happy that I have passed, is it normal to say provisionally though or is it random?

I have 5 years web security experience and have been studying on and off for this qualification for 2 years, but the past 3 weeks.

I put about a 100 hours of study in using:

Shon Harris 2013 edition plus exam questions
Sybex 7th edition official study guide + official questions
Cccure.org
Kelly's cybrary videos

Did about about 3000 test questions, questions only attempted once and averaged 80%. ( range was 75 - 90% on online tests, 80 - 100% end of chapter tests)

Just wanted to thank people who have posted on this forum regarding study advice.
(I was viewing it anonymous a lot)

I think out of all the study materials the cybrary videos were the most helpful and easy to take in. Really good to use a week before the exam.

The test was difficult and I can't really add anymore than what already has been said by other people.

Now I will wait for my official confirmation from itc2, how long does it usually take?

Thanks

Jim

Comments

• jcundiffjcundiff Member Posts: 486 ■■■■□□□□□□
    they are auditing, or doing additional review of your exam. Normal is just a "Congratulations You Passed" not "Provisionally Passed"
    "Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Doesn't Work Hard" - Tim Notke
  • dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    a co-worker recently passed and his said 'provisionally' and a few weeks later had his card and cert. mine said the same thing. i got an email the next day (friday) saying i passed and a couple of days later (monday) telling me to submit my endorsement stuff. so my thought was they all said 'provisionally'?
  • uleghari007@gmail.comuleghari007@gmail.com Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Jimjam250Jimjam250 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the feedback guys, i will await my email confirmation. Off to study Tripwire now for my test next week.
  • fodtest08fodtest08 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hi have you got your email confirmation already? I also provisionally passed cissp today. :)
  • mog27mog27 Member Posts: 302
    I passed the CCSP (cloud) yesterday and got the "provisionally passed" as well. I wonder if everyone is getting that these days? Has anyone recently passed an ISC2 exam and not gotten that?
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin

"The internet is a great way to get on the net." --Bob Dole
  • mjb2016mjb2016 Member Posts: 11 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It means you passed the test but have to complete the additional steps/credentialing process to officially earn the CISSP title. Congrats!
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • fodtest08fodtest08 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just got the email from ISC2 already regarding the next step. So I think it's saying provisionally passed! :D
    This forum really helped me a lot in preparing for the test.