Computer Hacker Professional Certification Package

RepliconReplicon Member Posts: 124 ■■■□□□□□□□
HI guys,

I stumbled upon this https://deals.thehackernews.com/sales/computer-hacker-professional-certification-package-2?utm_source=thehackernews.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=computer-hacker-professional-certification-package-2_102416&utm_term=scsf-181243

I was wondering if anyone have experience with these courses, what is the quality, are they good.
The price is actually really good, I just don't know if they are worth it.

Comments

• Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The price is only "really good" because the real price is completely made up. I don't have experience with it but there is even free training for most of those certs that is very good.
  • bluesquirrelbluesquirrel Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I do not know the company providing this training, but a discount of 96% of the course price seems a bit unusual.

However, for a similar price you could buy 1 or 2 months subscription to Pentester Academy ( All Courses - Full Listing ). Their courses are really good and you can download course videos & pdf.

If you search on Google, you should be able to find the coupon to enroll for just 40 USD per month, instead of the price stated on their website ;).

Cheers,
    Blue
  • OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    If you are looking for a good amount of training for a certification, the rule of thumb is 30-60 hours training video per certification exam. Typically, you'd spend from 40-120 hours of study from all resources (reading, videos, labbing, practice tests etc) for each exam. This package lists 5 different certifications in 60 hours. And some of those are serious certifications.

12 hours per certification would be enough to get a taste, but a long way from being a comprehensive course.

Speaking generally, the quality of these courses varies, and good ones are rare. Price isn't always a good indication of quality, since a good reputation allows the creator to take advantage of scales and still make good money from "cheap" courses.

Here's a similar bundle deal, but without the certification branding.

You'd be probably be better to use Cybrary.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM