Options

Any Good Serial Hubs?

Nafe92014Nafe92014 Member Posts: 279 ■■■□□□□□□□
Certification Goals 2020: CCNA, Security+

"You have enemies? Good, that means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~Winston S. Churchill

Comments

• Options
    clarsonclarson Member Posts: 903 ■■■■□□□□□□
    probably the easiest to is to just get a used powered usb hub. all you need is an outlet to plug it in.
    I've used 4 port hubs. And, there are 7 port hubs out there. I used a hub made by belkin.

Then there are these: Inside Out Edgeport/416 Db9 Switch 50001245-01 Working Free Shipping! | eBay
    You will need a driver for it. You can download drivers from their website. I think they only have drivers for windows. And, I don't know if they have drivers for any os newer then window 7. The power adapter is just a 5v/3a wall wart. Probably a few in Canada. get a usb cable and your good to go. So, you will need an outlet also.

Then there are cisco access servers. 2509/2511 or a 2600 with a nm-16a or nm-32a installed. so, you will need an outlet and a network port.

And, there are other console servers such as the digi 32.
  • Options
    Nafe92014Nafe92014 Member Posts: 279 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I had a 2509 but it was a pain to set up and manage. And i've never ordered from eBay before and not sure how reliable it is.
    Certification Goals 2020: CCNA, Security+

"You have enemies? Good, that means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~Winston S. Churchill
  • Options
    clarsonclarson Member Posts: 903 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just giving you some options.

Might want to shop around a bit. Not sure what the exchange rate for us dollars are, but walmart has them for us$145 with free shipping.