I'm not good enough

w0jn4w0jn4 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have failed the 70-215 exam today. I got 631 points. I used MCSA/MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-215) 2nd Edition book, practice questions on techexams.net and certTutor.net (not all the questions).

Comments

• royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Are you using labs? If not, get yourself vmware server or virtual server (both of which are free), and practice practice practice with trial software. This is a huge factor in the proper study of your MCSE courses.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • jeverydayjeveryday Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Try not to be so frustrated. I failed the first time also. I am going to take it again soon myself.

From the looks of it. It doesnt look like you studided from enough material, IMO.

Im sure you will pass next time.

Best of luck
  • tibultibul Member Posts: 240
    Like the others said, your best of practicing with the server itself if you haven't already, i personally used the sybex book and the MS one plus practiced on the server.

Make sure to never give up u'll get it :D
    Studying 70-292.
    Aiming for MCSA: Security and 2003 upgrade.
  • PeradPerad Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If you don't have a copy of 2000 server then pick one up. It will help you a lot if you use it frequently.

As far as your fail goes, you have learnt 2 things.
    1) You need to study more
    2) Spending £100 and getting nothing back is a horrible feeling.

Double your efforts, spend more time on server 2000 and practice and practice on test questions.

I took it a while ago and found that practice questions really helped me to identify weaknesses. Each question i got wrong made me re-read and make notes on the topic i made the mistake on.

Also with practice questions, make sure that you are learning why the answer is right. When you retake practice questions there is a tenancy to remember the answers. If this happens look for new questions or ask yourself how well you know the topic.
  • w0jn4w0jn4 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi, I'm not going to give up :) I'm gona practice and practice and practice .... ;)

Thanks for all of you for your advice!
    I have passed the exam with score 850 !!! WOW :)

Thanks for all advices!!
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Thanks!
    I was going for MCSA on Windows 2000, but I have changed my mind and I' going for MCSA on Windows 2003.