CCSP passed

lala13lala13 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

I just got back from the test center and am very happy to have received the CCSP congratulations. The study material I used was:
1) The official (ISC)2 guide to the CCSP CBK edition 2 (I have a hard time staying focused while reading this book)
2) CSA guidance v3.0 (I think this is very good, but is not covering all aspects required for the exam)
3) Kelly´s CCSP videos on Cybrary (OK, but the CISSP videos were better. A bit of a "copy pasty" aura over the CCSP videos)

Without brain dumping anything I would say that being strong in BC and DR, cloud deployment, cloud types (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS), federated authentication, data ownership and OWASP is a good idea.

I work as a network security architect were cloud is part of my everyday job, so many of the concepts in the study materials were already familiar. I passed the CISSP in February which also helped.

As I have been a lurker (as someone else called himself at this forum recently) during the last year I hope to give something back, so if anyone wonders anything more regarding the CCSP (or CISSP for that matter), please ask!

Rgds,
lala

P.S
My two cents regarding how good the CCSP or CISSP is as a verification of someones security skills I can only speak for myself. I have a very technical background where I have worked with mainly network security architecture and development of security products. All the stuff that I have learnt about the security domains that I was weak in while studying for these certifications is invaluable in my work today. It has helped me tremendously.
D.S

Comments

• sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • manalsabrimanalsabri Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• RepliconReplicon Member Posts: 124 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    If you don't mind can you compare the difficulty of the CCSP exap with CISSP. Is it similar, easier or harder. Also if possible is there any certificate that you can compare it to, I am merely hoping to make reference as how much harder it is compared to SSCP/Sec+.
  • lala13lala13 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks!

The questions on the exam are similar in style so in that sense they are equally difficult. The big difference IMO is that there are only 125 questions which makes it a lot less exhausting. I was ready in less than 2 hours compared to the 5 hours+ I used for the CISSP exam. On the other hand I felt that the study material is not as mature as it is for the CISSP which means that you have to look for information in more places (CSA, ENISA, NIST) when studying for the CCSP. I really only used the Official guide and Kelly's videos for the CISSP.
    Overall I would say the CCSP exam is a tiny bit easier than the CISSP just because the number of questions is only half of that of the CISSP exam.
    Besides a couple of very outdated MS certs I have no other certifications than the CISSP to compare to so I cannot be of any help there.
  • mog27mog27 Member Posts: 302
    lala13 wrote: »
    Thanks!

The questions on the exam are similar in style so in that sense they are equally difficult. The big difference IMO is that there are only 125 questions which makes it a lot less exhausting. I was ready in less than 2 hours compared to the 5 hours+ I used for the CISSP exam. On the other hand I felt that the study material is not as mature as it is for the CISSP which means that you have to look for information in more places (CSA, ENISA, NIST) when studying for the CCSP. I really only used the Official guide and Kelly's videos for the CISSP.
    Overall I would say the CCSP exam is a tiny bit easier than the CISSP just because the number of questions is only half of that of the CISSP exam.

I would tend to agree with this (as someone that also recently passed this). It's also easier because the CCSP covers less overall material than the CISSP.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin

"The internet is a great way to get on the net." --Bob Dole
  • New2NetworkNew2Network Member Posts: 8 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations
  • logikillogikil Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    lala13: This is the next cert that I am looking to complete if possible. Do you think that the Study guide was sufficient material? I have been working on the development of cloud reference architecture, so I have familiarized myself to a large degree with NIST cloud definitions, cloud security reference architecture (heavily borrows from the CSA cloud reference architectures) etc. Also, I passed the CISSP 10/27 of this year so its all pretty fresh in my mind. I'm curious how much study time this is going to require
    The study guide probably contains everything that is needed but is in my mind as entertaining to read as watching paint dry. The CSA guide and the NIST docs such as 500-299 is a better read and a good complement to put things into context. It sounds like you already are looking at those so you should be good.
    I studied more intensely the last 3 weeks (2-3hours a day) before the test, but as said I use the CSA guide as part of my everyday work.
    Good luck with the test!