70-411 and 70-412 in 40 Days?

NyhmesisNyhmesis Member Posts: 21 ■■■□□□□□□□
So I'm currently enrolled at WGU (like most here it seems) and I have until the end of November to complete the 411 and 412 and I'm stressing out a bit to say the least lol. I had a bunch of stuff come up with work and home life that pushed my studies back, not an excuse I know but now I have to live with it. I'm using the Pluralsight videos and the Sybex MCSA Server 2012 R2 book and have created my own home lab. In your opinion do you think it's possible to complete both of these classes in the 35ish days I have left? I can study at work off and on since we just got Server 2012 and they want me to know how to use it properly and I have 3 hours after work before I go to sleep lol plus weekends. I know it's crammed but I would like to knock this thing out with the time allotted. How screwed am I?

Comments

• AvgITGeekAvgITGeek Member Posts: 342 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Have you taken the 410? I would think it may be doable if you are well versed with powershell and very familiar with CS, FS and RMS.
  • NyhmesisNyhmesis Member Posts: 21 ■■■□□□□□□□
    AvgITGeek wrote: »
    Have you taken the 410? I would think it may be doable if you are well versed with powershell and very familiar with CS, FS and RMS.
    Yes I passed the 410 a couple of days ago (bearly) but I'm not very well versed in powershell or RMS. I'm going through DNS right now in the videos and I'm trying watch at least 2 hours a day (16 hours total in Pluralsight) and doing the labs with the videos.

I feel a bit a better knowing that somebody thinks it's possible though lol.
    You know what to expect on the exams as far as question format goes so you have that going for you, which is nice. Are you using any practice exams?
  • DojiscalperDojiscalper Member Posts: 266 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Can you take the 70-409 instead of the 70-412? I hear its more relevant (for most jobs) and easier than the 70-412.
    AvgITGeek wrote: »
    You know what to expect on the exams as far as question format goes so you have that going for you, which is nice. Are you using any practice exams?
    Yes! I have access to Transcender through school.
    Can you take the 70-409 instead of the 70-412? I hear its more relevant (for most jobs) and easier than the 70-412.
    No I can't, the school course is specifically for the 70-412 and I can't opt for anything different from that.
  • AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That would be quite an undertaking but anything is doable if you put in the time and effort. I opted for the 409 instead of the 412 so I can't speak for the 412 but it took me about 10 weeks of studying/labbing several hours a day to pass the 411. Good luck!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
    I have an update in case anybody was interested, I've passed the 410 and 411 so far, taking the 412 on Wednesday. And yes, I'm freaking tired, don't ever do this.
    Congrats on the 411 pass! I passed the 410 around the same time frame as you and I'm just getting to practice test time for the 411.
  • OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    Nyhmesis wrote: »
    And yes, I'm freaking tired, don't ever do this.

Yeah, that's why I've never done it, don't want to get too tired. ;)

Seriously, congrats. Stories like this are always nice to hear.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
    Awesome! Congratulations on the pass and good luck on the 412 tomorrow!
    All the best,
    Anderson

• sedamensedamen Member Posts: 10 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulation. Please share your experience, how did you make it happen in such a short time ?
    sedamen wrote: »
    Congratulation. Please share your experience, how did you make it happen in such a short time ?
    Determination, Pluralsight, CBT, Sybex book and a stupid amount of labbing. Very long weekends of ignoring people and locking myself in my home office. As I said, never ever ever ever do this, it's terrible, I only did it because I procrastinated my semester and had some other issues come up that I couldn't control (no excuse, just saying).I can't say for sure about the 412 yet, hopefully that will be enough.
  • Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Dammm that's awesome you passed.. Good luck on the other 412
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
    I did pass the 412 so I now have the MCSA Server 2012.........I'm going to sleep for a while now.
  • alfred06alfred06 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats. you pass all 3 exams in what less than 2Months? wow. hopefully you learned all the concepts well.
  • EnticlesEnticles Member Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    this is astoundingly impressive! well done! :)
    Very impressive, great job!
    All the best,
    Anderson

• scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Wow. Very impressive. Good luck.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • KinecticKinectic Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□