Stanly CC VCP Vouchers

burfectburfect Member Posts: 128
Hoping someone can help clarify.

First, how does VMWare actually verify that you have successfully completed an "accredited" course to actually obtain the VCP? I know that you can schedule the exams no problem, but I'm not sure how to actually APPLY Stanly as the accredited course anywhere?

Second, how many times can you actually apply the vouchers? IE. if you fail the first time, can you use the same voucher to take Foundations etc. again?

Thanks

Comments

• RepliconReplicon Member Posts: 124 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If I remember correctly when I was doing my training, you get the voucher and the voucher number is the thing that distinguished you i.e tells VMware that you have taken course. Its a bit confusing, but when you get the voucher there will be instructions on it, also when you go to schedule it on pearson, it will ask you or you had to select something to tell it that you had training.
    Rest assure, vmware will know as when I get the training the training center did not give me anything like a certification of competition etc
  • scott28ttscott28tt Member Posts: 686 ■■■■■□□□□□
    If you take the training via VMware or a VATC your attendance will be recorded on their mylearn system, the same does not apply to VITAs such as Stanly.

Your voucher is the key when you take a VITA course - you apply the voucher code when booking the exam, if you pass then VMware know you took the VITA course.

No idea how many attempts you get - I know there are employee vouchers that give 2 attempts so multiple attempts per voucher is theoretically possible.
    VCP2 / VCP3 / VCP4 / VCP5 / VCAP4-DCA / VCI / vExpert 2010-2012
    Blog - http://vmwaretraining.blogspot.com
    Twitter - http://twitter.com/vmtraining
    Email - vmtraining.blog@gmail.com
  • STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Qualifying students must choose the PSE version of the certification exam so that VMware can verify that you took the class with a certified VMWare Academy. If you have specific questions regarding this process with Stanly CC, please feel free to contact us at itacademy@stanly.edu.

burfect wrote: »
    Hoping someone can help clarify.

First, how does VMWare actually verify that you have successfully completed an "accredited" course to actually obtain the VCP? I know that you can schedule the exams no problem, but I'm not sure how to actually APPLY Stanly as the accredited course anywhere?

Second, how many times can you actually apply the vouchers? IE. if you fail the first time, can you use the same voucher to take Foundations etc. again?

Thanks