Passed CCSP

mog27mog27 Member Posts: 302
I passed the CCSP exam this morning. I was fairly confident I had passed after reviewing the entire 125 questions twice and still having over an hour left. The first time going through the exam I was very discouraged and was not confident I would pass. Going through the questions again I gained confidence I got the majority of the questions correct (or at least around 80% of them). This same thing happened with the CISSP and ISSEP exams. Does this happen to anyone else? Maybe it's nerves and going through them a second time I am calm and realize I do know the material. Here is my review of the study material:
- CCSP on demand training: Lots of fluff but does give you a decent understanding of cloud computing in general. Probably not worth it if you have to pay for it on your own. Will not pass the exam with this alone.
- Official ISC2 Guide to CCSP CBK 2nd edition: Not a bad book but virtually identical to the on demand training workbook. For those that have the book, turn to page 265 and see a glaring error (KVM is not Kernel-Based Virtual Machine in this case)
- CSA Guide: This is a must read to go along with the CBK.
- ENISA Cloud Computing Risk Assessment: I did not think this was much of a help at all. Can't hurt to read it over, though.
- NIST documents: Useful to read over but not crucial to pass in my opinion.

With security/CISSP experience and the CBK/CSA this exam is not so bad.
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin

"The internet is a great way to get on the net." --Bob Dole

Comments

• RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
    How much time did you spend studying? 3 months or more? ISC seems to think 3 months is optimal.
  • jayc71jayc71 Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! I planning to take the exam in the next few months, I went through the official ISC2 online training and have read through the CBK mostly. You have echoed what others seem to say about the importance of the CSA Guide, I'll definitely be spending some quality time with that. Thanks!
    CISSP, CCSP, CCSK, Sec+, AWS CSA/Developer/Sysops Admin Associate, AWS CSA Pro, AWS Security - Specialty, ITILv3, Scrummaster, MS, BS, AS, my head hurts.
  • mog27mog27 Member Posts: 302
    Remedymp wrote: »
    How much time did you spend studying? 3 months or more? ISC seems to think 3 months is optimal.

About 3-4 months after the ISC2 on-demand class. I like to take my time and make sure I know the material.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin

• DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Andy.WallaceAndy.Wallace Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats. Did you find any decent practice questions anywhere?
  • mog27mog27 Member Posts: 302
    Congrats. Did you find any decent practice questions anywhere?

Nope. None out there besides some end of chapter questions in the CBK book. Maybe as this becomes more popular more will be available.