70-410 exam first time failed

majorpaynemajorpayne Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey EVeryone, new to this board just found it when i was looking up certifications. I recently tested for that 70-410 exam didnt pass got a 629. Been studying cbtnuggets, exam ref and practice test. Going to review my three problem areas ( IPV6, Group policy, AD cmdlets). Of the 47 questions i took i really don't believe i missed that many but i do understand the weight of question so that plays a factor.

Currently im a System Admin for 2 years and finishing up my bachelors. Look forward to chatting on this board , i retake test in a week.

Comments

• Midkemia1978Midkemia1978 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sorry to here mate, but hang in there.
    I am sure you will nail it second time around.
    Have you tried the Boson Exam Simulator? I hear they guarantee you will pass If you can pass on those.
    I have just started studying for this exam, I have watched all the cybrary IT videos and now I will go through the boson test to find out what my weaknesses are. I will likely then go through CBT Nuggetts to fill in the gaps in my knowledge.
  • EnticlesEnticles Member Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    sucks to hear you failed, however its good to see you're not giving up!

I am currently studying for this exam also, i am currently on a 5 x 1day course and supplementing it with CBT Nuggets and the MS Self-Study guide. your mention of IPv6 worries me because i have historically struggled a lot with IPv6. Hopefully there isn't a huge amount about it on the exam, but i imagine there will be more than last time i took a MS exam :p

keep at it, you should get it next time if you focus on your weaker areas :)
  • majorpaynemajorpayne Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thanks all, yea there were just a few ipv6 ( 2 questions) focusing on private and routable ip's and number of host they can hold very confusing. But i remember the questions i didn;'t know and found the asnwers so hopefully i can get that 700.
  • Midkemia1978Midkemia1978 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the heads up on the IPV6 questions, I know little about that topic so I will make sure I learn more about it.
    Powershell is another area I know I will need to work on.
    It would make sense that there is a bigger focus on IPv6 considering the IPv4 address space is right up on the limit of saturation. Doesn't make it any less daunting a subject to grasp and understand though.

Will be putting some more time into IPv6 before my exam to be sure i understand it better though - for me personally its the translation from hexadecimal to binary/dotted-decimal that screws me every time.
  • AvgITGeekAvgITGeek Member Posts: 342 ■■■■□□□□□□
    For IPv6 know how to ID an address (Global, Link Local, ISTAP, Teredo, 6To4) . Know what you would need to configure to get your traffic to the remote network. Microsoft really shouldn't be too concerned with you having the ability to convert from hex to decimal. That seems more CCENT\CCNA material.

You should have some basic knowledge about IPv4 subnetting though.
    AVG , your right the basic knowledge is required. understanding subnetting is another element.
    If you have any questions about subnetting, let me know.
  • alfred06alfred06 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    keep trying. 70-410 is hard. you have to know most of the powershell cmdlets and what it does. your score is close just a couple more questions and you'll pass.
  • Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    alfred06 wrote: »
    keep trying. 70-410 is hard. you have to know most of the powershell cmdlets and what it does. your score is close just a couple more questions and you'll pass.

You are so right about this exam being hard . I have tried to many times passing this exam...My last two exam i had the same store 667... I just need to pass this dam exam already. Next try is in Dec I'm really hoping I get a higher score.
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • knownheroknownhero Member Posts: 450
    @Louie1277 I keep seeing your name and hoping you passed! Keep on trucking bud, you'll get it!
    70-410 [x] 70-411 [x] 70-462[x] 70-331[x] 70-332[x]
    MCSE - SharePoint 2013 :thumbup:

Road map 2017: JavaScript and modern web development

knownhero wrote: »
    @Louie1277 I keep seeing your name and hoping you passed! Keep on trucking bud, you'll get it!

hahaha, me too!

so i went and did something else... going massively off original-topic here! (the picture was too big to embed into post - sorry!)

https://i.imgflip.com/1eym1d.jpg
  • Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Enticles wrote: »
    hahaha, me too!

so i went and did something else... going massively off original-topic here! (the picture was too big to embed into post - sorry!)

https://i.imgflip.com/1eym1d.jpg

That was awesome... thank you for that made me feel good about passing the exam.
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
    Lets go Louie you got this, looking forward to that "I Passed" post from you.
    I re took the exam and passed with 750. I studied the practice test slot mostly memorization honestly .
    congrats on the pass icon_smile.gif
    nice congrats on pass. awesome score too.
    thanks alot, now its time to start studying for 411. i heard its hard
  • AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
    majorpayne wrote: »
    thanks alot, now its time to start studying for 411. i heard its hard

To be honest, most Microsoft exams are difficult. If i were you i would approach all exams with the expectation of them being difficult, that will ensure you over-prepare instead of under-prepare for the exam :)

its all about the mindset, if you expect a challenge you'll be ready to take it head on when it comes to sitting the exam - best of luck on the 70-411! :)
    Congrats on the pass!
  • KinecticKinectic Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□