CISSP Passed 12/1/16

chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
short and sweet

CISSP Passed 12/1/16

Wow! What a test! Seriously, as a technical hands on engineer kind of guy, I was humbled with this exam. I failed two times and studied for about a 8 months. First attempt scored 669, second attempt 695! I failed my second attempt by 5 points and was forced to wait 3 months for the next attempt. Well today I took the exam and finally put it to rest. Next on my plate is eCPPT followed by OSCP. Slowly I will be working my way through the LFCS – Linux foundation course as time permits. Then by summer 2017 I should be starting on the CISSP-ISSAP towards Security Architect status :)

List of materials:
CISSP Sunflower pdf (Outdated but good to review)
Cybrary CISSP course “KellyHanderhan” (simply the best CBT for free)
Sybex CISSP Official Study Guide (read through once, then used for specific research)
Sybex CISSP Official Practice Exams(Better than CCCure)
CCCure Practice questions (Good practice questions, must have secondary source of practice exams)
Some UDEMY CISSP courses I bought for$5 (Not needed, but was good to hear a different voice)

This took a lot of my time for over a years time period. Glad its over.

P.S. I hate the people who passed on their first attempt with 2-4 months of study.....ALL OF YOU!!!!!!

icon_lol.gificon_cheers.gificon_thumright.gificon_study.gif
Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX

Comments

• kabooterkabooter Member Posts: 115
    chrisone wrote: »
    short and sweet

CISSP Passed 12/1/16

Wow! What a test! Seriously, as a technical hands on engineer kind of guy, I was humbled with this exam. I failed two times and studied for about a 8 months. First attempt scored 669, second attempt 695! I failed my second attempt by 5 points and was forced to wait 3 months for the next attempt. Well today I took the exam and finally put it to rest. Next on my plate is eCPPT followed by OSCP. Slowly I will be working my way through the LFCS – Linux foundation course as time permits. Then by summer 2017 I should be starting on the CISSP-ISSAP towards Security Architect status :)

List of materials:
    CISSP Sunflower pdf (Outdated but good to review)
    Cybrary CISSP course “KellyHanderhan” (simple the best CBT for free)
    Sybex CISSP Official Study Guide (read through once, then used for specific research)
    CCCure Practice questions (Good practice questions, must have secondary source of practice exams)
    Some UDEMY CISSP courses I bought for$5 (Not needed, but was good to hear a different voice)

This took a lot of my time for over a years time period. Glad its over.

P.S. I hate the people who passed on their first attempt with 2-4 months of study.....ALL OF YOU!!!!!!

first of all, congratulaions.
    You proved that winners neever quit and quitters never win.
    I guess 2nd time must have been hard....so close.
    And thanks a lot for letting us know that in your opinion about the followning:
    Cybrary CISSP course “KellyHanderhan” (simple the best CBT for free)
    CCCure Practice questions (Goodpractice questions, must have secondary source of practice exams)
    Now just some quick questions:
    1. What is material/strategy you used to study again and again to get more understanding? More testing or more study of what?
    2. Should one memorize which alogo has how many bits and which act was passed in what year on which continent regarding what?
    PS: Dont forget to party for a month LOL
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    kabooter wrote: »
    1. What is material/strategy you used to study again and again to get more understanding? More testing or more study of what?
    2. Should one memorize which alogo has how many bits and which act was passed in what year on which continent regarding what?
    PS: Dont forget to party for a month LOL

To answer your first question. I buckled down with the Sybex practice exam questions, cybrary videos, sunflower pdf, then referenced the official study guide on only specific topics. I only read the official guide once and that was back in January 2016 lol

I did not understand your second question. Sorry
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I did not understand your second question. Sorry
    What I meant to ask was that do we need to (and to what extent) memorize details of how many bits are there in which algorithm and details of acts that have been passed in EU/USA etc. In other words do they test us on how much can we cram?
    kabooter wrote: »
    What I meant to ask was that do we need to (and to what extent) memorize details of how many bits are there in which algorithm and details of acts that have been passed in EU/USA etc. In other words do they test us on how much can we cram?

Not so much on memorizing details such as bits on algorithms but understand which algorithm is used for and in what cases. Yes you need to memorize some Acts, laws, minor differences between EU/USA.
    Yes you need to memorize some Acts, laws, minor differences between EU/USA.
    ooooh...that's a lot but never mind. will chew it in.
    Thanks a lot and enjoy
    Congrats!!

gracias!
  • Deadly-DosageDeadly-Dosage Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Way to go! I have mine tomorrow, round 2 for this guy! Thanks for the share and I hope to join the club soon!
  • 80hr80hr Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I passed on the 2nd try as well. Congrats... now on to more difficult things, it is a great confidence booster knowing you can knock out CISSP ( or it was for me)
    Have: CISSP,CASP,MBA,ITILV3F,CSM,CEH

2017- NEED PMP
  • uleghari007@gmail.comuleghari007@gmail.com Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • lucky0977lucky0977 Member Posts: 218 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats and glad to see a lot of people passing lately.
    Bachelor of Science: Computer Science | Hawaii Pacific University
    CISSP | CISM | CISA | CASP | SSCP | Sec+ | Net+ | A+
  • protacticusprotacticus Member Posts: 91 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @Deadly-Dosage Goodluck

@christone Thanks for sharing your preparation roud
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■

P.S. I hate the people who passed on their first attempt with 2-4 months of study.....ALL OF YOU!!!!!

Spoken like a true 3rd timer lol. I hate those guys too!

Congrats from a fellow 3rd attempter!
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • mich12mich12 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□

Congrats Chrisone
    You are hillarious and encouraging at the same time.. Am going to give it a second shot too. am with you on the hating
  • 812tk812tk Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • jcundiffjcundiff Member Posts: 486 ■■■■□□□□□□
    E Double U wrote: »
    Spoken like a true 3rd timer lol. I hate those guys too!

Congrats from a fellow 3rd attempter!

1st time passer here :) but it was more like 12-15 months of self study and a boot camp to do it in one take :O
    "Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Doesn't Work Hard" - Tim Notke
  • dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    1st time passer here too. I started studying for the Sec+ in February then went straight into CASP study but about 2 months in switched my focus to CISSP. So I guess you could say I studied from February until November but the CISSP focus was from about June until November.
  • mich12mich12 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□

hahaha I came here after your reference from my post
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/isc-sscp-cissp/125712-cissp-failed-again-2nd-attempt-rant.html

Thanks am so encouraged! one thing I've really got from this experience is that I really know things I think I can teach this course... can you imagine ! yet I haven't passed.

Indeed I look forward to my sweet victory on my third attempt.

thanks Chrisone appreciated.