Free CISSP tests in VCE format

kabooterkabooter Member Posts: 115
Are there any resources that can be used to do some practice questions in vce format (or lets say actual exam format) online or offline with following two conditions:
1. Broken down into 8/10 domains so we can test ourselves for particular domains?
2. Free :)

Comments

• lucky0977lucky0977 Member Posts: 218 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What is a VCE format and where do you get that type of file. I know in my older exams the textbooks would come with a CD where you could install their test engine and access the practice exams but I haven't seen that for at least 8 yrs now. Everything is available online now.
    Bachelor of Science: Computer Science | Hawaii Pacific University
    CISSP | CISM | CISA | CASP | SSCP | Sec+ | Net+ | A+
  • bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    These may be exam ****. You get what you pay for.

You are better off buying the material from ISC2 or other vendors like Transender or Sybex.

Good Luck!
  • kabooterkabooter Member Posts: 115
    bigdogz wrote: »
    These may be exam ****. You get what you pay for.
    By VCE formatI meant the online/offline testing system that is a close replication of actual tests. Similar to what Cisco, Microsoft exams are.Similar to the practice exams at this board.
    Except
    I am looking for tests with capability of selecting which domain and how many Q one wants.
    CCCure has it.
    Skillsoft has it but I find their questions too easy and irrelevant.
    transcenders has it but has bad reviews.
    I believe there are some more relevant ones. Perhaps in APP format.
    This is not free but come from the Official practice tests. When you buy the book, they provide you with their testing site and you can do practice tests by individual domain or (2) different 250 question practice tests.
    vce.jpg 85.1K
    lucky0977 wrote: »
    This is not free but come from the Official practice tests. When you buy the book, they provide you with their testing site and you can do practice tests by individual domain or (2) different 250 question practice tests.
    lucky0977 - Thanks for posting.
    Which "official" book this is? The Sybex 7th edition or the 4th edition Official ISC guide book to CISSP CBK?
    It's not the Sybex 7th edition. ---> https://goo.gl/1ZbvBD (Link to Amazon)
  • dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    kabooter wrote: »
    By VCE formatI meant the online/offline testing system that is a close replication of actual tests. Similar to what Cisco, Microsoft exams are.Similar to the practice exams at this board.
    Except
    I am looking for tests with capability of selecting which domain and how many Q one wants.
    CCCure has it.
    Skillsoft has it but I find their questions too easy and irrelevant.
    transcenders has it but has bad reviews.
    I believe there are some more relevant ones. Perhaps in APP format.

I also used Skillsoft for the practice tests. Just for a point of reference the last couple of times I took it I got 75-78%. I took one the day before my exam and got 76 or 77% and passed the next day.
    Here is one more free source
    http://www.gocertify.com/quizzes/isc2-quizzes/
    But I find their questions rather simplistic. Agree?
    I just looked them over and they look like questions from the Sybex 7th ed. Well not exactly the book, but they supply you with access to their website with (4) 250 q practice tests and it looks like the questions came from there. Those are good practice questions.
    lucky0977 wrote: »
    I just looked them over and they look like questions from the Sybex 7th ed. Well not exactly the book, but they supply you with access to their website with (4) 250 q practice tests and it looks like the questions came from there. Those are good practice questions.
    hmmmm. I somehow found their questions to be too easy.
    The questions at end of chapters in official CBK book are bit more realistic and difficult but horribly or deliberately worded sometimes.
    and the ones you mentioned on amazon site are not from subject matter covered in the CBK book. I could not find mention of
    three common threat modeling techniques
    or dmca responsibilities in first domain in CBK book.
    Its so demoralizing but the fight goes on....
  • NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Sybex questions were sufficient in number, variety, and depth for the exams. No ****, ever.
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.