Options

Meeting the "full" CISSP criteria!

ArdenUKArdenUK Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hola,

Regarding meeting the years of experience requirements. I work in a SOC and as such I cover a few of the domains from CISSP.
Question is, I have worked there for 1 year, for arguments sake say I have covered 3 domains over the year... would that qualify as a 3 years of experience? As in each domain counts as it's own year? Or would it simply be 1 years worth of experience regardless?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    No. Each domain is counted separately. What did you do before the SOC? Most of my experience came from my 3.5 years as a Systems Admin in a medium sized business. I maintained AD, firewall, patching/updating, etc. It wasn't a 'security' role but my duties counted towards my experience.
  • Options
    ArdenUKArdenUK Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Worked in a NOC for a large Telco, I have CCNA:Security so that knocks it down to 4 years. Fairly sure I can apply some of the telco stuff, a lot of Cisco ASA management and telecommunications, 4G security etc! I wonder if NESSUS scans and the subsequent patching counts lol
  • Options
    dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    From the ISC2 website:

Security Operations (Foundational Concepts, Investigations, Incident Management, and Disaster Recovery)
    • Investigations support and requirements
    • Logging and monitoring activities
    • Provisioning of resources
    • Foundational security operations concepts
    • Resource protection techniques
    • Incident management
    • Preventative measures
    • Patch and vulnerability management
    • Change management processes
    • Recovery strategies
    • Disaster recovery processes and plans
    • Business continuity planning and exercises