Questions About CISSP Exam

cyberexpertcyberexpert Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone. I posted this thread to ask questions about the CISSP exam. There is no thread that wrap up all questions about the exam and it is very boring to struggling to find out about the exam. I wish this will be the one. So everyone who studies the exam can clearly understand what the exam include and exclude.

My questions are:

1- There are too many acronyms in books. Is it obligatory to memorize these or in the exam are they described?

2- In the official CBK in Laws, Regulations, and Compliance chapter there are so many laws which enacted in USA. Am I need to learn these American Laws to answer questions or learning general concept sufficient?

Any help from who entered the exam would be appreciated.

Comments

• logikillogikil Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi everyone. I posted this thread to ask questions about the CISSP exam. There is no thread that wrap up all questions about the exam and it is very boring to struggling to find out about the exam. I wish this will be the one. So everyone who studies the exam can clearly understand what the exam include and exclude.

My questions are:

1- There are too many acronyms in books. Is it obligatory to memorize these or in the exam are they described?

2- In the official CBK in Laws, Regulations, and Compliance chapter there are so many laws which enacted in USA. Am I need to learn these American Laws to answer questions or learning general concept sufficient?

Any help from who entered the exam would be appreciated.

The degree of answers that you receive are going to be heavily weighed against the NDA that test takers sign regarding the test. So you may get some fairly vague responses and should be prepared for that.

1. I don't know that you have to memorize every acronym, as the test by design is based on knowing concepts and how to apply them. I would likely instruct people to certainly be familiar with them.

2. Someone in a previous forum mentioned this. The test is aiming to be less focused on US laws and regulations. Again its more of a conceptual thing. If I recall the Sybex study guide actually mentions this. So they try not to be too US specific.
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□

Ummmm, your the cyberexpert! I'm sure you'll do just fine icon_thumright.gif Think he maybe just messing with us here...