Due Care & Due Diligence

semehsemeh Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

Please share some examples of Due Care & Due Diligence activities

Thanks

Comments

• gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Due care: set up proper permissions for a new user, apply security patches in time, put a lock on a door to restricted area.
    Due diligence: be aware of new vulnerabilities, know regulations that apply to you, pay attention to alerts in your SIEM.
  • Terminator XTerminator X Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Simply, Due diligence is the "knowing" and due care is the "doing"!
    -Tact is for those not witty enough to be sarcastic-
    ~Unknown
  • ecuisonecuison Member Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
    +1

I was taught,

Due Diligence - Is the information gathered (Vulnerability Scans and assessment as an example)
    Due Care - Is the action you take on the information (Vulnerability Remediation of findings)
    Accomplishments: B.S. - Business (Information Management) | CISSP | CCSP | TOGAF v9.2 Certified | Security + | Network +
  • ScottFiestaScottFiesta Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just came across this, possibly the least useful thing I've ever seen, definition of Due Diligence in a CISSP question bank:
    "Due diligence can be considered an ethereal concept that is often judged against a continually moving benchmark."
  • ankurj.hazarikaankurj.hazarika Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just came across this, possibly the least useful thing I've ever seen, definition of Due Diligence in a CISSP question bank:
    "Due diligence can be considered an ethereal concept that is often judged against a continually moving benchmark."

This is emanated from the fact that, "If you can't convince, confuse."
  • Brain-DBrain-D Member Posts: 134
    This is emanated from the fact that, "If you can't convince, confuse."

+1

Brain-D