Options

My CISM 2016 Exam

arkamuarkamu Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was able to answer some question because of cissp.
Only 30 to 40 questions were striaght forward.
For many it is really a matter of opinion and felt confused in 2 options.
Cannot say it was good or bad because seriously not sure.
look forward to the results.
There were very less questions which were resembling to Question Answer Database.

Comments

• Options
    gio629gio629 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I didn't find it to be too difficult, but there were probably 7-10 questions that had me really unsure as to which answer ISACA wanted. This was a result of either several answers that all seemed equally logical or none at all. Aside from that handful, I'd say the test was very much what I expected and relied heavily on a managerial decision-making mindset (obviously), usually having an answer that was strongly tied to making a strong business decision related to risk or the implementation of a security program.
  • Options
    Dan-in-MDDan-in-MD Member Posts: 52 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I felt seriously distracted by the proctors (in front row) and didn't feel like I was able to focus. If I didn't pass the CISM, then I will rejoice in not having proctors running around me (test center proctors are fine) and not having to fill in 200 bubbles with a number 2 pencil. I think my focus was the main issue.

I took all the QAE questions (always set to "new") and did well, but the questions on this exam seemed more difficult. Yes, I understand the manager viewpoint and alignment to business. I agree, the QAE database had almost no benefit.

I've taken the CISSP, CISA, and PMP, but this seemed much more difficult. I think my only hope to pass is the curve...
  • Options
    arkamuarkamu Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ok So i went out because exam sucked my brain. My overall view on exam is as follows

1: There were lots of Questions around Security program and contorl which are not mentioned in manual properly and not even in QA and terms like nestel firewall, cross domain etc. They say it is not technical exam but then they have these questions.

2: Their marking scehem should provide some weightage to people who pick 2nd best answer than those who put completely wrong answer.

3: The gio629 made a very good observtions that there were some questions where i did not get the feelng that neither of answer is best option based on what i understood or read in manual and QA so u have to just select the one which looks better e.g cant remeber but there was a questions around forensics and best forensic practice was not covered in options.

4: They need to move to CBT soon as i was in fear and was transfering every 20 25 answers to the answer sheet to ensure i dont do it in end.

5: SOmeone said there is ots of time though i think time is just tight. Some Questions do require longg thinking.

6: Some of governnance or risk answers you still cant figiure out u r right or wrong so u just have to wait and see the results.

7: There is only 10% reflection from Database if someone has just selected correct answer, about 20% more help if somone has read explanations.

8: I found out 5 questions which i answered completey wrong, 5-10 where i just made blind guess, 10-20 where i mad eeducated guess.

Exam was neither good neither bad because it is very hard to say so.

Hope we all pass and fingers crossed for the result.
  • Options
    ApaRaoApaRao Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yesterday CISM exam had mixed feelings not sure if it was good or bad.. was able to answee most of the questions but felt difficulties in atleast 10 -15 questions. Nothing had come from DB and felt only experience would help answer tge questions.
  • Options
    ApaRaoApaRao Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Any idea on how the scoring would be for yesterday's exam?
  • Options
    coffeeisgoodcoffeeisgood Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
    i thought the QAE helped (that said, I do not know if I passed yet)

the QAE, while not a direct question / answer transfer to the test helped with ISACA's way of thinking

example
    policy audit vs pen test? which is better?
    well, that depends on the QUESTION!

i would go though the questions and underline/circle what specifically was the question asking before reading the answers.

as for time, i took the whole 4 hours, 3:45 on the exam, 15 in review