Study schedule

binaticalbinatical Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
How do you schedule your studies in order to reach CCIE lvl?

Comments

• mbarrettmbarrett Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think it's essential to have some kind of study+lab practice regime and stick to it for as long as it takes. I think everyone is different in their life, schedule, learning speed, etc. The study habits might be easier for someone who was recently in school, or some other structured activity.
  • EANxEANx Member Posts: 1,077 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have to agree. Not so much as to make yourself feel guilty but to give yourself awareness. Self-awareness is key; some people are major procrastinators and others are not but all can benefit from a framework schedule while some people (myself included) benefit from something pretty detailed.

The question then is more about what is important to be scheduled and are you being realistic regarding timelines? There are times I know I will go on vacation and will get "stern looks" if I bring a Cisco Press book on the plane "Honest babe, it's jut a little light reading". There are days that are better for labbing and days that are better for reading. Only you will know which fits your lifestyle but unless you're totally single, you will have to plan activities around other people.