CISSP booked

Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
Been almost a year since my last cert, but I think it is time to finally take the test I have been dreading...

I just can't imagine sitting through 250 questions... but at this point in my career, i get a lot of questions about it, so I figure I should add it to the collection.

nothing open until January, but I very painfully dropped $600 to get my spot
Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark

Comments

• chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Good luck! how long have you been studying? which materials have you been using?
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck! I don't think it was as bad as I was dreading it would be but it was grueling. I took a break at questions 75 and 225. I could feel my mind wandering at #75 and I started having to read each question a few times. Didn't have much trouble focusing after that break but I think I got to the point where I felt if I fail then I fail, I did the best I could. It worked out in the end.
  • gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Don't remember much already, but $600 is nothing compared to the benefits of the cert. Also compared to the costs of other certs.
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    Don't remember much already, but $600 is nothing compared to the benefits of the cert. Also compared to the costs of other certs.

luckily my work will reimburse if i pass
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • malindakmalindak Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Took it today and passed, found it to be surprisingly brutal. I took at break after question 125 and had to question what I was doing with my life...

i hated how long the test was and the wording of the questions, but it feels good to be done, and it was so rough I actually feel pretty proud I passed it.

I read maybe a chapter of Shon Harris, couldn't really get into reading a physical book again...

I had the official Sybex study guide - great website for testing

https://smile.amazon.com/Certified-Information-Security-Professional-Official/dp/1119042712/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485203351&sr=8-1&keywords=cissp

I had the Sybex practice text book - terrible website for testing

https://smile.amazon.com/CISSP-Official-ISC-Practice-Tests/dp/1119252288/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1485203351&sr=8-4&keywords=cissp

I got the eleventh hour study guide:

https://smile.amazon.com/Eleventh-Hour-CISSP-Third-Study/dp/0128112484/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1485203351&sr=8-7&keywords=cissp

I did all of CBTnuggets and all of Skillport, and some random videos from Cybrary

I gotta make sure I keep up with my CPEs, no way I'm ever taking that test again
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • DocRoyDocRoy Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    try the McGraw Hill practice exams as well.
  • wiseguywiseguy Member Posts: 62 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
    DocRoy wrote: »
    try the McGraw Hill practice exams as well.

i had those bookmarked, but I never got around to using them.
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the pass! Way to go man!
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    I gotta make sure I keep up with my CPEs, no way I'm ever taking that test again

Unfortunately for yours truly, I plan on targeting the ISSAP towards the end of the year. That will be the end of ISC2 certs for me, keeping up with CPEs seems to be a daunting task, but it is better than retaking a test again like other vendors.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
    chrisone wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass! Way to go man!

Unfortunately for yours truly, I plan on targeting the ISSAP towards the end of the year. That will be the end of ISC2 certs for me, keeping up with CPEs seems to be a daunting task, but it is better than retaking a test again like other vendors.

i may look in to one of those sometime, be interested to hear how they stack up to the regular CISSP
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • jazz_01jazz_01 Member Posts: 65 ■■■□□□□□□□
    [FONT=&quot]The CISSP is a challenging exam, definitely more so than the CISA. But with the right study materials and work ethic, I feel the exam is reasonable and attainable. All the best for your preparation, I would recommend you to check out uCertify CISSP online course that will really help you to pass your CISSP exam in one attempt, Check out more at www(dot)ucertify(dot)com[/FONT]
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! Also, keeping up with CPEs is very easy. :)
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS